In this blog, we will explain how to create an Operation Dashboard for your OCC based on Techincal Monitoring.
We will extend the Dashboard created in the previous blog: Focused Insights: How to build an Operation Dashboard (Part I)
- From the configuration application and make sure you still select entry “Post to FI” from tab “Business Process Step”
- Select tab “System / Metrics”
- Press button “Edit”
- Press helper button to select an Entry Point
- Select Monitoring Use Case “Technical System Monitoring”
- Press button “Apply”
- Select your system: “E2E~ABAP” from the list
- You can enter a description in the field “Description”. The description field is displayed in the dashboard
- Press helper button to select a Catalog
- Press button “Start Search”
- Select catalog “Performance”
- Press button “Ok”
- Select option “Auto propagate to instances and hosts”
- Press button “Add as new entry”, the monitored object is added to the table on the left
- To test your configuration, press link “Post to FI” on tab “Business Process Step”
- Dashboard is opened in a new window, directly on the node “Post to FI”. It contains business process key figures added as well as the system monitoring metrics added from the catalog Performance. It is possible to navigate in the dashboard.
- Click on host group “ncev00000033a” drills down to an additional level and show host metrics
- Click on one alert like “File System Full” jump-in to Alert Inbox (in a new window)
Focused Insights (http://support.sap.com/focused-insights)
Focused solutions for SAP Solution Manager, is the extension concept for SAP Solution Manager, with the idea of helping our customers meet their particular innovation needs on an individual basis, without the need for homegrown software or partner solutions.
The goal of Focused Insights is to build and distribute powerful customer-specific dashboards in minutes using state-of-the-art user experience.
The content delivered with Focused Insights has been designed to deliver, in real time, the most relevant and valuable information to the right people. While it provides full transparency of information stored inside SAP Solution Manager, it also takes into account the best practices and experience gained during numerous custom projects, offering a set of prepackaged dashboards tailored to your needs.
SAP Focused Insights offers specialized dashboards for experts as well as management or non-technical users. Whether they address the CIO or an expert, dashboards remain consistent among each other since they rely on the same data sources mixed up and presented in different granularities or aggregation levels
Focused Insights comes with a rich content. It fully exploits the huge amount of data stored inside SAP Solution Manager. Metrics produced by the activation of a scenario, whether it is IT or business related, become immediately available to the prepackaged dashboards. Raw metrics can be grouped or combined to produce advanced metrics and high level KPIs.