Smart Process Application on Order to Cash
Install and experience this smart process application on Order to Cash industrial scenario – leveraging the power of HANA and SAP Operational Process Intelligence.
In this application, you will see how line of business users can take control on orders, with real time visibility, in order-to-cash process, which may span across various SAP and non-SAP systems.
The scenario is targeted for an oil and gas based industry which has order-to-cash process implemented where workforce is dispersed between oil fields, refineries and transporting tankers across various locations. It addresses three major challenges of a project manager working at such sites like (a) Limited visibility into overall operations (b) Resolving situations for better customer satisfaction and (c) Identifying process bottlenecks to improve time-to-delivery.
SAP Operational Process Intelligence, powered by SAP HANA is used to build this smart process application that enables line-of-business users to gain process visibility across their end-to-end business processes, thereby improving the operational decision making to achieve better business outcomes.
This smart process application is build using HANA Studio and SAP Operational Process Intelligence, to provide visibility into order to cash process in ERP system. The process model is created in Process Observer and SLT was used to replicate the events log and context data from POB and ERP systems onto HANA.
This application, however, bundles the data snapshot of POB and ERP tables required to run the application. In real world, your landscape would look something like the following where SLT would do real-time replication of events from backend system and SAP Operational Process Intelligence provides visibility on those events. You can also use any data provisioning software like Data Services, Smart Data Integration etc.
 Read SAP Operational Process Intelligence Developer’s Guide to know more about the list of POB tables to be imported. The context related tables are imported from ERP and process events log related tables are imported from POB
To begin with, download and extract the zip, from here, in your local system.
Before you start with the setup ensure that you fulfil the desired prerequisites
- SAP HANA SPS09 Revision 01 and above
- SAP Operational Process Intelligence SPS09 PL0 and above
- HANA User Privileges to install the Delivery Unit and Activate into HANA System
HANA User must have these minimum privileges
- sap.pi.pv.roles::OPINTDEVELOPER role
- MODELING role
- Root Package privilege
- ROLE ADMIN system privilege
- USER ADMIN privilege
Follow these steps to install smart process application into your HANA system.
Steps to Install
- Open the HANA Studio
- Check if you have the right version on HANA Studio
- Check if you have right version of SAP Operational Process Intelligence plugins installed
- Open Quick View from Windows –>Show View –> Others –> Quick View menu option
- Click on Import option
- In the Import Dialog, select SAP HANA Content/Delivery Unit
- Click Next and select the target HANA System where you want to import the application
- Select Client option and Browse to the file location where you have extracted the content zip
- Select the Delivery Unit (i.e. file with .tgz extension)
- Wait for the import simulation.
Once the objects are ready to import, the Finish button would be activated
- Click Finish and observe the Job Log view to know the success/failure of the import
Good! You have successfully installed the smart process application in your HANA system
… we are now one step behind to experiencing the application.
Configure to Use
- Execute the setup procedure with name “SYS_PROCESS_VISIBILITY”.”opint.cross.o2c::SETUP_ORDER_TO_CASH”
This procedure is needed to setup the application with appropriate users and privileges required to run it
Note: To run the procedure, you need to open the SQL Console of the HANA system and use this command
call “SYS_PROCESS_VISIBILITY”.“opint.cross.o2c::SETUP_ORDER_TO_CASH”(‘<HANA User>’)
Hurray! You have just installed Order-to-Cash Smart Process Application.
Access the scenario using the link:
Note: Based on the password policy of your HANA system, you may be subjected to change the password.
Please do so if prompted and henceforth use the changed password.
Note: If you need to refresh the data on the dashboard, then execute this procedure:
Follow the User Guide to experience the scenario that is built using SAP Operational Process Intelligence, powered by HANA. Explore various rich features of the product and learn how to use them for our own benefit.
You can also consider using this as reference content if you have to build similar use case in your organizational unit
Do write back to me, if you face any issues while setting up the application in your system and share feedback, if any