Smart Process Application on Hub Operations
Install and experience this smart process application on managing Hub Operations in Logistics industry– leveraging the power of HANA and SAP Operational Process Intelligence.
In this application, you will see how business users can have control on the shipments movement with real time visibility on centralized day-to-day operations, at airport hub.
The operations at the hub deals with large volume of shipments transiting every day during operational hour and it is quite a work for the operations manager to ensure that shipments are boarded on time for onward delivery. The complexity lies in the fact that these operations spans through different departments and there could be sudden situations in the hub that might delay the delivery. This scenario addresses three major challenges of hub operations manager like (a) Limited operational visibility, (b) Key SLA to route 97% of shipments without delay and (c) Resource allocation to avoid escalations and delay
SAP Operational Process Intelligence, powered by SAP HANA is used to build this smart process application that enables line-of-business users to gain process visibility across their end-to-end business processes, thereby improving the operational decision making to achieve better business outcomes.
This smart process application is built using HANA Studio and SAP Operational Process Intelligence, installed on top of HANA. It is modeled on a third party system data using Modeled Process  as process participant. SLT/Data Services are used to replicate the data from third-party system to HANA.
 Read SAP Operational Process Intelligence Developer’s Guide to know more about the modeling Business Scenario based on Modeled process.
To begin with, download and extract the zip, from here, in your local system.
Before you start with the setup ensure that you fulfil the desired prerequisites
- SAP HANA SPS09 (1.00.090.00) and above
- SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 SPS09 PL0 and above
- HANA User Privileges to install the Delivery Unit and Activate artifacts in HANA
HANA User must have these minimum privileges
- sap.pi.pv.roles::OPINTDEVELOPER role
- MODELING role
- Root Package privilege
- ROLE ADMIN system privilege
- USER ADMIN privilege
Follow these steps to install smart process application into your HANA system.
Steps to Install
- Open the HANA Studio
- Check if you have the right version on HANA Studio
- Check if you have right version of SAP Operational Process Intelligence plugins installed
- Open Quick View from Windows –> Show View –> Others –> Quick View menu option
- Click on Import option
- In the Import Dialog, select SAP HANA Content/Delivery Unit
- Click Next and select the target HANA System where you want to import the application
- Select Client option and Browse to the file location where you have extracted the content zip
- Select the Delivery Unit (i.e. file with .tgz extension)
- Wait for the import simulation.
Once the objects are ready to import, the Finish button would be activated
- Click Finish and observe the Job Log view to know the success/failure of the import
Good! You have successfully installed the smart process application in your HANA system
… we are now one step behind to experiencing the application.
Configure to Use
- Execute the setup procedure with name “SYS_PROCESS_VISIBILITY”.”opint.logistics.hub::SETUP_HUB”
This procedure is needed to setup the application with appropriate users and privileges required to run it
Note: To run the procedure, you need to open the SQL Console of the HANA system and use this command
call “SYS_PROCESS_VISIBILITY”.“opint.logistics.hub::SETUP_HUB”(‘<HANA User>’)
Hurray! You have just installed Hub Operations Smart Process Application.
Access the scenario using the link:
Note: If you need to refresh the data on the dashboard, then execute this procedure:
Follow the User Guide to experience the scenario that is built using SAP Operational Process Intelligence, powered by HANA. Explore various rich features of the product and learn how to use them for our own benefit.
You can also consider using this as reference content if you have to build similar use case in your organizational unit.
Do write back to me, if you face any issues while setting up the application in your system and share feedback, if any