With the TOP Simplification List Items approach we want to start a S/4HANA SCN Blog series to provide more information about dedicated simplification items. Simplification items where we assume that any customer project has to deal with. The following S/4HANA SCN Blog is collecting these TOP Simplification Items with the links to the dedicated S/4HANA blogs.
Within this blog we want to provide additional information regarding the Simplification Item: Simplified Data Model in Pricing and Condition Technique
Simplification List Item Description
- Several data model changes in the Pricing and Condition Technique area are provided with SAP S/4HANA 1511. These are:
- Replacement of table KONV with the new table PRCD_ELEMENTS as data persistency for pricing results. KONV is and can still be used for data declaration purposes. It still defines the structure of the pricing result within the application code.
- The concatenated variable key field VAKEY of a condition table has been removed from all condition header tables, including KONH (pricing), NACH (output determination), KOND3 (campaign determination), KONDN (free goods determination), KONHM (portfolio determination), J_3GPRLHD (CEM price list determination), and WIND (document index). The concatenated variable data field VADAT has also been removed.
- Several field length extensions
- No impact on the standard SAP business processes
- The SAP internal program logic has been adapted to the new persistency and the new field lengths.
- Pricing results of existing documents created before the system conversion (that is, the content of table KONV) are converted as part of the system conversion and transferred automatically to the new data table.
- It might be required to adapt custom code that is related to the changed data model.
- Customer code has to be adapted according to the cookbooks in SAP Note 2220005.
- Execute conversion pre-check class CL_S4_CHECKS_PRICING delivered via SAP Note 2188735. If Check ID ‘SAP_KONV_EXTENSION_CHECKS’ indicates that table KONV has been enhanced with customer-specific fields, follow instructions in SAP Note 2189301.
- Follow instructions in “How-To-Guides” included in SAP Note 2220005 to adapt your objects and code where necessary
- Run post-processing report PRC_MIG_POST_PROCESSING: See SAP Note 2267308 and “How-To-Guide” in SAP Note 2220005.
For more details see the PPT attached to the following SAP Note: