Simplification Item: SD / FIN Credit Management
With the TOP Simplification List Items approach we want to start a S/4HANA SCN Blog series to provide more information about dedicated simplification items. Simplification items where we assume that any customer project has to deal with. The following S/4HANA SCN Blog is collecting these TOP Simplification Items with the links to the dedicated S/4HANA blogs.
The TOP Simplification List Items
Within this blog we want to provide additional information regarding the Simplification Item: Credit Management
Simplification List Item Description
- FI-AR-CR Credit Management is not available in SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511. It has been replaced by SAP Credit Management (FIN-FSCM-CR) for Financials and Sales and Distribution (SD).
- If you are not using FI-AR-CR Credit Management there is no business impact for you.
- If you are using FIN-FSCM-CR SAP Credit Management already today, there is no business impact for you.
- If you are using FI-AR-CR Credit Management you need to migrate to FIN-FSCM-CR SAP Credit Management. S/4HANA provides various tools in order to support and automate this migration.
- FIN-FSCM-CR SAP Credit Management provides additional functionality compared to FI-AR-CR Credit Management. The configuration and activation of the additional functionality is not required in the context of the migration. However, we recommend that you get familiar with these additional capabilities in order to leverage the full value of FIN-FSCM-CR SAP Credit Management and to optimize your credit management processes.
Required and Recommended Action(s)
- In case a migration is required (see above), you need to migrate configuration data, master data, credit exposure data and credit decision data.
- FIN-FSCM-CR SAP Credit Management is available since ERP 6.0 (without any enhancement packages). Therefore you have the option to activate to FIN-FSCM-CR SAP Credit Management in your existing ERP 6.0 landscape, independent of / before your S/4HANA migration project. This way you can take out complexity out of your S/4HANA migration project. However, there are no tools available on those releases that do an automatic migration of configuration data and master data, as they are on S/4HANA.
For more details see the PPT attached to the following SAP Note:
Seems like the referred SAP Note is incorrect
thanks - had to correct the attributes in the html view of the Blog. Should now point to the correct SAP Note.
Thank Frank. very useful. More information from your blogs.. Awesome.