Backdrop: As per your business requirements you have created a search index in Knowledge Management (KM) to search for Enterprise Portal pages or iViews.
Issue: When using the search mechanism you are unable to find a specific page or iView.
Prerequisites: You have configured the Page/iView search in accordance to the index management service and Portal Content Directory (PCD).
- Configuring the Search for Portal Pages & iViews http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b2/d59a4271c80a31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm
How to Search & Test the Behavior
- After configuring the search for portal pages and iViews as per guidance documentation outlined above.
- Login to the Enterprise Portal.
- Try to search for a specific iView or portal page from the KM Search iView.
- The expected result is not displayed as the iView or page is not found and returned to the end user.
Why is this occurring (Important) ?
When you use the KM search for portal pages and iViews, you can only search for content for which you have the correct roles assigned.
- If you do not have the appropriate role, you will not be able to search for its content.
Resolving the issue
- Navigate to User Administration -> Identity Management.
- Search for the relevant user id.
- Select the modify option.
- Assign your user the appropriate user role which contains the page or iView.
- Save your changes.
- Perform your search again.
Now if you perform the search again is the correct result (Page/iView) returned?