Lot of partners’ implementations require more flexible yet simple and centralized solution for the G/L account determination settings.
- Ability to assign G/L accounts by business partner groups such as territory/industry and not just by warehouse, item group, or item level.
- Ability to determine the inventory relevant accounts by combination of warehouse and item group.
The advance G/L account determination solution provides simple and powerful solution for the most common requirements. It is based on a centralized matrix in which you define the determination rules for assigning G/L accounts in journal entries, including:
- Support G/L account determination settings for item code, item group, warehouse, BP group, federal tax ID, ship-to country, ship-to state, BP code, BP type, tax code and usage (in Brazil localization)
- Support multiple determination criteria
- Change log of G/L Account determination definitions enables you to track the changes made in these settings
If you choose to work with the advanced G/L account determination solution you can decide whether to migrate the existing G/L account determination assignments (per warehouse/item group/item level) or start from scratch and define the accurate advanced rules matrix according to the business needs.
Activating the Advanced G/L Account Determination Solution
- By default, the solution is not activated in new and upgraded companies. To activate the solution choose: Administration > System Initialization > Company Details > Basic Initialization tab. Select the checkbox Enable Advanced G/L Account Determination and choose Update.
2. Once enabled, a list of predefined determination criteria to be used for defining advanced G/L account determination rules is available:
Here, you choose which determination criteria to activate depending on the complexity of the posting logic.The priority of the determination criteria determines how the advanced rules are applied.
3. Define the advanced G/L account determination rules in the dedicated window:
The account assignment is based on the rules priority.
- It is not recommended to use the advanced G/L account determination solution in companies where the account assignment is directly based on items level and over 4,000 advanced rules are expected to be needed.
- Before enabling advanced G/L account determination solution, consider SDK, Add-ons, and compatibility issues specific to your company database.