The Value of Digital Workforce Transformation in Automotive
While SAPPHIRE may be just around the corner, the ASUG Automotive Community has been active with a number of topical webinars demonstrating how companies are successfully digitizing their business. Workforce management covers a broad domain of areas beyond human resources, particularly in manufacturing and automotive sectors. With many kinds of facilities in all aspects of the automotive and manufacturing operating model – design, source, make, deliver and service – different workforces in the organization encounter different challenges. The ability to digitize these various challenges into a seamless, integrated approach in an SAP environment can create significant benefits. Some customer examples include the following:
- Up to 5% reduction in HR time and attendance management costs
- Reduction of up to 10-20% unplanned overtime and shift assignment errors
- Reduction of up to 5-10% time recording errors (including “buddy punching” in plant environments)
While many organizations use electronic time and attendance systems, often these systems are neither digitized across the business landscape nor are they integrated with employee management systems. The SAP Time and Attendance Management by SAP and WorkForce Software solution is a product developed by SAP and WorkForce Software enabling direct, digital integration with SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (SFSF-EC) for time attendance and leave management across the enterprise. This allows both management the ability to have full enterprise time recording visibility by group and operations, as well as employees from unintentional errors in attendance and leave planning that could result in unplanned reductions due to errors in payroll allocations. As a cloud-based suite, companies may streamline compliance with wage and hour laws and leave regulations, optimize employee scheduling, and give managers the visibility they need to make more strategic workforce decisions.
ASUG invites its Automotive community and manufacturing members to attend a briefing on this approach on Wednesday, May 25 (2016) for a presentation by the WorkForce Software team. In this briefing you will:
- Hear about the latest trends in the automotive industry that are shaping workforce management strategies, to attract, enable, and retain top talent.
- Understand how SAP Time and Attendance Management is helping organizations address time, scheduling, leave management, and labor compliance with a fully integrated cloud offering to SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC).
- Learn the unique value drivers and benefits of strategic workforce management in the automotive industry and how one company got started.
Register for the event here (ASUG.com login required).
If you miss the actual live event after SAPPHIRE, you can listen to the recorded webinar session on-demand once registered.
On behalf of the ASUG Automotive Community, I look forward to joining you at SAPPHIRE and for the ASUG Automotive webinar series on May 25, 2016. Want to learn more on the digital world of Industry 4.0 and manufacturing? Attend the SAP Manufacturing Industries Forum 2016 on June 14-15 in Lombard, IL. For details, please visit the forum’s website.