How to create BO with the help of Key User Tool i.e. Custom Object Builder to extend the C4C application via the browser.
This document covers how to create BO with the help of Key User Tool i.e. Custom Object Builder to extend the C4C application via the browser without any coding.This feature is available only in the Silverlight mode for the PDI developer in the Administration tab with the name Custom Object Builder.
Thanks to my colleague Vaibhav Kwatra who helped and contributed in preparation of this document.
Let us create a BO with the name of SalesContracts.
Below are the steps:
1.Login the test system with PDI role in Silverlight Mode.
2.Open the Administrator tab-> Custom Object Builder.
3.Click on the New Button to create BO.
4.A new BO is added in the Custom Object Builder with default status as Not Published.
5.Click on the created BO .
6.Click on Add button to add elements in the BO under the FIELDS tab.
7.Check the With Attachments CheckBox if you want to add the attachment node in your BO under OPTIONS.
8. Check the With Multiple Nodes CheckBox if you want to add the multiple node in your BO under ADVANCED.
9. Adding a node to BO.
10.Adding elements to Node created in above step.
11.Check the With Actions CheckBox if you want to add the action in your BO under ADVANCED.But this action will be added in every node also.
12. Adding a Action in the BO.
13.Check other various options under Advanced like approval process, notification rule, web service, data source, assign to other work center,etc if you want to add them in your BO.These option will be seen with their action elements only in the studio.
14.You need to publish your solution before transporting it to the partner tenant or production tenant.
15.Marking the BO for transport under the Action column.
16. Download the BO clicking on the Download Button for uploading it to the partner tenant or production tenant.
17. After downloading the BO the version will be updated and the delete option will be removed from the Action column.
Optional steps for transporting the KUT BO to Test or Production system.
18. Login the partner or production system with PDI role in Silverlight Mode.
19. Open the Administrator tab-> Custom Object Builder.
20. Click on the Upload Button to upload the KUT BO created in the test or production tenant and the activate it by clicking on the Active Button which changes the status to Uploaded and active.
21. Finally, you can see your BO on both the system test and partner without any coding.
Excellent Abhishek Raj .
Thanks for sharing this info...... 🙂
Excellent document Abhishek.
Expecting much more documents from you.
Good document, how is possible manage this BO in SDK?
As you upload the KUT BO in the partner tenant or production tenant , the BO will appear in the SDK under the solution name of KeyUserSolution and then the enhancement or modification can be done in that solution.
When Custom Business Objects are created, does C4C also create a mass upload mechanism so records can be loaded via Excel like with standard objects?
No ,you need to create service integration from the cloud studio for xml payload and then you will be able to upload data through Excel.
Yes please follow below.
Within Custom Business Objects mark the object as "Web Service" enabled.
1. Login into Silverlight, go to Admin->OData Expolorer
2. Then select view "Custom Services"
3. Create new and mark "Data Workbench Enabled"
4. From there, select your object and select the Root node. Then add fields you want for the service
5. When done "Activate"
6. Your object will be available in Data workbench via HTML5 for import & export.
Link to Odata explorer- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer – OData Services
Link to example of creating Odata service-Using OData to read territory information from C4C
Thanks for the information.. 🙂
I have implemented the above functionality by creating the OData services, but how to import data into the custom business object after the generation of the metadata service url.
If you have implemented this functionality ,can you please provide the steps or any documentation.
Hi Abhishek Raj,
If you have created custom Odata for your custom business object with Data workbench checkbox checked or enable than you can refer this documentation and you can import data in your custom BO.
HOWTO - Upload Contract Information using the Data Workbench in SAP Cloud for Customer
I hope this will be helpful to you.
Thanks for the reply.. 🙂 .
Got the custom business object in the Data Workbench.
While adding a custom BO to accounts screen , will the same be available in the migration template for customers?
Awesome! this helped to create the BO. 1 question i have is Can we import this Custom BO into SDK for writing some scripts ? Can you please help ?
Yes ,you can do it .
There is solution created in sdk with the name of KeyUserSolution where you add the functionality by writing different logic through absl.
Thanks for the post, Is it possible to edit the BO definition of keyusersolution in SDK ?
If I need to add fields in the BO with specific data type like UUID or Transient fields etc.,(which is not available in KUT UI), How can we edit the BO in SDK ?
If u create a solution with the help of Custom Builder Object , it will create a solution with the name of KeyUserSolution which u can edit in the SDK.
But there are some restriction which we have for the CBO object which is mention in the guide.