Embed Contact and Corporate Account Factsheet into Cloud for Customer (C4C)
|This blog was originally posted in May 2016. The information is not valid as content anymore, and has been moved to the integration guide of SAP Marketing Cloud. For details refer to the available how-to documentation.|
This document describes how Business Administrative User in Sales can enable access to SAP Hybris Marketing by embedding the Hybris Marketing Factsheet and Corporate Account Factsheet into the C4C Factsheet for Contacts or Customers.
There are basically three steps needed:
- Define the needed HTML-Mashup in the C4C Silverlight UI by means of C4C Business Flexibility and Mashup Authoring
- Enhance the Contact or Account Factsheet with an additional Tab, for example “MARKETING INSIGHT”, in the C4C HTML5 UI.
- Define a Business User in Hybris Marketing for the Sales Representative to grant access to the Marketing System.
1. Reference Documentation
For detailed information, refer to the documentation which is available under the following link https://cp.hana.ondemand.com/dps/d/preview/b2e0ad40625244b8a480851d032112f1/1602/en-US/frameset.html?1872a289763d1014b30ffe621fe46f41.html
Or in the Cloud for Customer Administrative Guide
2. Mashup Definition
For the Mashup Definition the Administrator must know the Target URL, which is invoked in order to embed the Hybris Marketing Application. The URL needs to have the following shape:
In detail the URL must contain the following parts in the named sequence
Grey Part: Secure Protocolhttps://
Yellow part: Fully specified domain name of the Web Dispatcher used for the Hybris Marketing System
Green part: Fully specified port id of the Web Dispatcher for the Hybris Marketing System
Note that the domain name and port id must be separated by “:”
Blue part: fix part of the URL containing the path of the ICF-node of Hybris Marketing
Red part: needed parameter-credentials to invoke the Hybris Marketing System from an external source, which contains dynamic parameters for “Id” and “sap-client” and constant parameters for the contact and corporate account factsheet.
The dynamic parameter values for the id are as named here:
The constant parameter values are as named here:
3. Create New HTML Mashup in C4C System
In order to do so, one has to launch the C4C-Application in the Silverlight UI and open the work set Administrator –> Business Flexibility –> Mashup Authoring.
Enter the following credentials:
- Choose Mashup Category “Business & Finance”
- Choose Port Binding with “Additional Account Information”
- Define a proper name for the “Mashup Name”
- Enter the URL of the Hybris Marketing System in the section “Configuration Information”
- Extract the Parameters of the URL
- Specify the Height with the recommended value 600 px accordingly
- Change the ID from a constant to Parameter Binding with “AccountID” for the Contact Factsheet and “AccountInternalID” for the Account Factsheet
- Mark the ID as mandatory
Finally, the Definition, for example for the Account Factsheet, will looks like this
4. Open the corresponding Factsheet in in C4C System HTML5 UI
For example open a Customer Account, which is synchronized with the connected Marketing system
5. Open Edit Master Layout
6. Add New Tab, for example, “MARKETING INSIGHT”
7. Add Mashup above the default section
8. Enable the HTML Mashup in the Tab
- Select the corresponding HTML-mashup from the list:
- If the Contact or Individual Customer Factsheet shall be enhanced, select the Mashup which has been defined for the Hybris Marketing Contact
- In case the Account Factsheet shall be enhanced, select the Mashup which has been defined for the Hybris Marketing Corporate Account
- Mark the mashup as visible
- Mark the mashup with full “width”
- Apply the Mashup
Definition of Business Role and Business User
Define a Business User for the Sales Representative via transaction SU01 and assign the needed Composite Role SAP_SALES_REP_MKT_INFO via transaction PFCG
Thanks Josef for pretty much needed blog. Really appreciate this.
just questions, will be great if answered:
1. Is there any possibility/way to store cookies in c4c tenant which which enables any user to get into environment. specific to my requirement (might be real customers too), we two level authentication to get into the yMKT syste. How can we handle both of them from c4c?
2. Click jacking: what configuration we need to make (in c4c or yMKT) to enable users to click & navigate through different tabs within embedded mashup.
3. What user needs to be created? Is it technical I'd of sales rep or just the id which we enter during login to c4c. is this user has to be of type system or dialog or something else. what will be the password; is it same as for c4c? Or do we need to enable sso or ssl for this user?
Regarding the needed setup to enable Hybris Marketing Contact and Corporate Account Factsheet as Iframe in C4C please refer to chapter 5.4 Installing the SAP Web Disptacher in the installation Guide
You must create normal personalized Business User in Hybris Marketing for the Sales Representatives, which need to have assigned the named Business Role. An access via a generic Dialog User is not sufficient. After having done this access via SSO is of course beneficial.
For the C4C-related questions regarding cookies I would like to forward you the to the C4C colleagues, because I am not an expert there.
Kind regards, Josef
have you been able to solve problem 2.? I've done the mashup but I'm not able to navigate through the yMkt facets in c4c.
i was able to get through, please maintain whitelist entry in yMKT "https_whitelist".
i hope that solves the issue.
thanks for your fast reply.
Do you use yMkt on-prem? I'm using 1702 on-prem. Where do you maintain those entries?
In my case it seems like it's just possible to use the mashup for new-created contacts but not for existing ones. Seems like there's a mapping error with these "old" contacts. Did this error came up for you, too?
You're right... its about mapping which gets created in marketing at the time of replication from source 'C4C'. i would advise to check with experts for Initial load for incorporating C4C identifiers within yMKT.
mashups of On-Prem profiles could be embedded within C4C iframe(HTML) whereas URL Mashups have to be used in case of HMC.. it's just due to security topic at infra where cloud is hosted.
hope this helps.
could you find a solution for the "click jacking"-problem?
I just can't get the facet to be clickable, even if I create a new contact in yMarketing or when I hardcode the contact id.
Is this possible for SAP CRM, too? Or is there a way to generate a URL link that leads to account factsheet in hybris Marketing? (Of course, we assume that a business user logged in to hybris Marketing)
there are two solutions:
Awesome blog, keep it up Josef. I have tested in CRM also it works fine.
Hello Josef ,
i've tried following the exact same steps but don't manage to show customer facesheet within the C4C pane, it allows me to add the mashup but seems like it is not loaded there.
could be a temporar performance issue, please verify or check once again your settings in the factsheet.
Thank you for the blog.
We followed the instructions and is working fine. How can we add additional tabs to the factsheet. After the 1802 upgrade, the factsheet is missing the "Marketing permission" tab. We added the additional roles, it shows when the user logs in to marketing tenant and opens the contact profile, but the link from the mashup is not showing the Marketing permissions tab. Any suggestions on how to add it back.
that's strange, i can only recommend to open a ticket that we look into in detail.
I am getting below attached error while previewing the mashup created:
Could you please help me out on this issue?
i have no clue, i recommend to open a ticket that we look into in detail.
Hi Josef ,
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation, we have created a mashup on our c4c tenant from on-prem marketing and it works fine.
Now we would like to do the same for Spotlighting Accounts application. I tried to tweak the parameters from the account factsheet but it didn’t work. What kind of link should we use for Spotlighting Accounts (and contacts)?