A New Version of SAP Fiori Design Guidelines Is Now Available!
Version 1.30 is out!
Version 1.30 of the SAP Fiori Design Guidelines is now available! These guidelines are a practical manual for all UX designers interested in creating SAP Fiori apps. They are also a great starting point for those looking to learn more about the design principles of SAP Fiori.
The SAP Fiori Design Guidelines explain SAP’s design philosophy and provide a detailed overview of the templates, patterns, and controls used to bring SAP Fiori applications to life.
If you are interested in rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty, the guidelines also include a UI prototyping kit. Customers and SAP partners can create state-of-the-art mockups of SAP Fiori floorplans and UI elements using our downloadable design stencils. What are you waiting for? Find out more below!
So what’s new?
Version 1.30 of the SAP Fiori Design Guidelines is based on version 1.30 of the SAP UI Development Toolkit for HTML5 (SAPUI5). If you want to dive deeper, the guidelines list the SAPUI5 name for each UI element. You can also jump directly into the API information of each element and sample the controls in OpenUI5.
Here is a brief overview of what the new version offers you:
- Reference apps help you get acquainted with our best practices for design, technology, implementation, test, selected product standards, and more.
- Additional floorplans such as the object page, wizard, or dynamic side content let you arrange objects in SAP Fiori in new and interactive ways.
- Comprehensive information about tables and the view settings dialog show you how to make large amounts of data more accessible to the user.
- Enhanced visualization options for charts and maps allow you to visualize data in attractive and intuitive ways.
- End-to-end interactions for draft handling let you keep unsaved changes and prevent data loss.
- New global search features save the user time when searching across apps and business objects.
- Form field validation lets users know if they are filling out fields correctly in real time.
- Data formatting for dates, times, numbers, and more ensures that dates, times, numbers, and units of measure are consistent and easy to consume for users across the world.
- New design stencils allow you to create high-fidelity mockups (using the SAP Fiori design tool Axure) or basic visualizations of initial design ideas (using Microsoft Powerpoint®).
For a complete overview of all new articles and updates, check out: What’s New in Guideline Version 1.30. Want to search through the guidelines by individual elements? Why not try using the Explore page? We hope you enjoy discovering the SAP Fiori Guidelines!