Overview on real-time segmentation for big data audience targeting
SAP Hybis Marketing and S/4 HANA Marketing Cloud offer with segmentation a high performance customer targeting solution on big data in real-time including predictive scores and geo-locations.
- High performance customer segmentation on Big Data in real-time – based on standard segmentation profiles in S4/Hana
- Visualization and exploration tools to slice and dice data on-the-fly
- Rich set of segment operations to build complex segmentation trees with real-time counting
- Aggregates data towards dynamic timestamps (e.g. last 5 min), scores, KPIs, sums on the fly
- Optimize target groups leveraging predictive analytics (on-premise only)
- Highly flexible on data source, incl. unstructured data from social media, geospatial data, SAP and non-SAP data (on-premise only)
- Unlimited ways of personalizing messages for target group in any execution channel (on-premise only)
Segmentation supports a wide range of contact and interaction attributes and powerful comparison expressions for numbers, dates, text and geo-locations etc are supported as well. So segmentation by contact attributes, interaction time, product type, role, buyer, seller are of course possible. You can also segment by scores (buying probability), geo-location (50 km around London), date (all customers which had an interaction within the last 10 days) and time (contacts with an interaction within the last 15 minutes).
More examples of filter options are: contact field contains, contained in file, contact did not receive a specific email last month, contact clicked through on a specific email, contact hit a specific landing page, contact submitted a specific form. In this document you find best practices on how to model your segmentation to achieve best results.
Here you find a document on how to integrate own databases in the S/4HANA Marketing Cloud into your segmentation.
As result from the segmentation you get target groups which provide:
- Support of static and dynamic target groups for interaction contacts, including capabilities to take Snapshots for the member list and segmentation models
- Live target group for on-the-fly filtering of contacts in trigger-based marketing
- Operations for merge, intersect and subtract
- Advanced status handling for release of target groups
- Instance authorization access – controlled by teams and marketing areas
- In on-premise deployment target groups for interaction contacts with e.g. multiple products can be consumed in SAP CRM Campaigns directly