Digital Dose – 10100
Below is a collection of #digital tweets from the last 2 weeks – from my perspective the trends, tips and digital news that’s worth a read whether you’re a casual observer or a fellow CDO.
• 27 Apr 2016 The continued growth of e-commerce means fewer people are shopping in stores, so retailers are using digital video ads to keep shoppers happy in stores. Read more
• 28 Apr 2016 Voice search preferences are rising, especially in younger generations, and tech companies are racing to create the “best” assistant-based search function. Here are the 7 predictions for the future of digital search assistance.
• 3 May 2016 The paradox of the coming “cashless economy” is that it uses and stores ever more paper money. Read why digital money hasn’t killed cash.
• 3 May 2016 A Sony patent application describes a contact lens straight from pages of Mission Impossible. The proposed lens embeds a camera, sensors, and more. Check it out here
• 4 May 2016 Network TV shows see an average lift of as much as 5% in per-minute viewing per month among 18-to-49-year-olds on digital devices. Read more
• 5 May 2016 Here’s a riddle for you: What is one role in the C-suite where obsolescence is indicative of success? The answer is the role of Chief Digital Officer (CDO). Read more about CDOs breaking down c-suite silos for digital transformation
• 7 May 2016 Bitcoin is a type of digital currency that allows people to buy goods and services and exchange money without involving banks, credit card issuers or other third parties. Here’s a brief look at Bitcoin.
• 9 May 2016 Tablet and laptop users beware. New study finds users focus on concrete details rather than interpreting information more abstractly. Read more here.