Finding Cross-module dependancy tables for EAM related objects using SARA
As a functional, its always important to know the tables in SAP. Specifically when it comes to support projects, it becomes more challenging to find the exact table where your transaction data gets stored. There is an excellent document by Maria on this topic.How to find ABAP Tables and Fields
Through this blog, I would like to share one simple way to know the tables which get populated when you perform any transaction in SAP.
What do you need to know?
You just need to know Archiving objects in SAP PM/EAM. I have listed them as below
|PM_NET||Object links, master data|
|PM_OBJLIST||Serial Number History|
|PM_ORDER||Service and Maintenance Orders|
For analysis on some issue, you want to know all CO tables which are updated once you do Time confirmation OR perform goods issue against an order?
Lets find it using SARA
1) Execute T-code SARA
2) Enter Archiving object PM_ORDER. Press Enter & Click on Database tables.
3) As shown in above screen, you will see two radio buttons Tables with deletion & All tables.Check & Browse the list of tables for relevant information based on table descriptions. In our example scenario, we need to know CO tables. Following screenshot shows some of the CO tables. LIkewise you can scroll down for more list of tables. & check these tables in another session by accesing SE16N transaction.
Advantages of using SARA for finding the tables
1) As a functional, you can troubleshoot any process related issues, by checking its relevant tables from the complete list using SARA
2) If you are writing a Functional Specs, you can get detailed information on table & articulate your FS in order to have effective & time saving communication
3) Easy way to find object linked tables when it comes to cross-modules integration.
4) As shown in above screenshot, you can take a backup for these list of tables for your future reference.
Hope you find it useful for your day to day activities in your SAP projects.