Quick tip: overcoming the first hurdle to activate the new SAP-Concur integration
The technical set-up for the new Concur-SAP integration is not really rocket science (deciding on the best design and migration strategy for your organisation is probably the more difficult part).
However, it seems some users fail on the very first step to do in Concur, when they follow the instructions, so here’s a leg-up:
The connection is done in “web services” (register and enable partner application) to be found in the company admin menu (Administration > Company > Web Services), but some users can’t see the web services menu.
That’s usually just a missing permission. There is a dedicated role “web services administrator”. Make sure you have this role assigned and that first hurdle is easily overcome 🙂
You’ll have this role already, if you are managing 3rd party app integration for your organisation.
- The new integration is currently in early adopter stage. If your organisation is not an early adopter, it will be available in Q3/2016
- If you are on the European data centre (Paris), then you may not yet be able to access the APIs, but hopefully that should be rectified very quickly.
- The integration package currently covers 4 main points:
- Replicating HR master data from SAP HCM on-premise to Concur
- Replicating cost objects (cost centres etc) from SAP ERP to Concur
- Posting expenses from Concur into SAP ERP
- Feedback with info, when expense report has been paid from SAP ERP to Concur
- Other elements like SAP Payroll integration are not yet included, but there are alternative solutions available