We often hear questions from SAP Gateway for Microsoft (GWM) customers, “What would happen to my solution if I upgrade to Office 2016?” Well, GWM solutions works even after upgrading to Office 2016. Below are the answers for different scenarios.
SAP GWM Visual Studio Add-in
New development of GWM Visual Studio add-in to run in Office 2016
1. Generate Outlook/Excel 2016 add-in using GWM Outlook 2013 Add-in/GWM Excel 2013 Add-in template in Visual Studio 2013.
2. After the project is generated, set the Debug option to Outlook/Excel 2016 (“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE”/ “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\Excel.EXE”).
3. Run the Add-in project to deploy the GWM add-in to Outlook/Excel 2016.
4. All the functionalities works fine without any issues in GWM Outlook/Excel add-in.
SAP GWM BPX Scenario
All the Gateway for Microsoft BPX Excel functionalities works fine in Excel 2016.
Upgrade from Office 2013 to Office 2016:
- Existing GWM Visual Studio add-ins and BPX add-ins of Office 2013 works fine after the upgrade to Office 2016.
- Newly developed Visual Studio add-ins and BPX add-ins works fine.
Fresh Office 2016 Installation:
- All the GWM Visual Studio functionalities works fine.
- All the GWM BPX Excel scenarios works fine.
(http://service.sap.com/patches -> Support Packages and Patches -> G -> GWPAM -> GWPAM 1.0 )
Demos & Videos
- Teaser Video
- CodeTalk session withIan Thain
- Overview: SAP NetWeaver Gateway productivity accelerator for Microsoft
- Technical Overview: SAP Gateway for Microsoft
- Playlist: GWPAM Overview
- Playlist: GWPAM Technical Overview
Lectures & How-Go Guides
Connect with us: