Since 1605 release SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud not only supports manual A/B testing (aka multivariate testing) but also automatically sending multiple mail variants to a small test group (e.g. 5%) before sending out automatically the most successful mail to the remaining recipients.
In detail you need to do the following to create a campaign with automatic A/B testing:
- Create an e-mail campaign with a target group
- Select A/B testing as initial action
- Select at least two mail variants you want to be testing
- Define the size of your test group in percent
- Select the winner determination metric e.g. highest rate of opened or clicked messages
- Enter the test period e.g. 1 day
- Additionally you can define any trigger to start follow-up actions which shall happen (e.g. mail, call…)
Additionally you can also use the random split and control group capabilities to do a manual A/B testing.
You can do this as follows:
- Use segmentation to create a target group and a separate control group using the random split features
- Assign the control group to the target group
- Create a campaign for the target group or assign it to an existing one
- Copy the campaign exchange control and target group in the new campaign
- Execute both campaigns
- After the test period is over create a new campaign with the most successful variant and assign a third target group which excludes the participants of the test campaigns.