Simplicity and the Digital Core: The Answer to Delivering Unimaginable Digital Innovation
The notion of going digital is nothing new. Supply chains (http://www.digitalistmag.com/digital-supply-networks/2016/03/23/what-going-digital-really-means-for-supply-chain-04095857) have been running digital operations for 25 years, and manufacturers have done the same for much longer. But there is something different about it that’s generating so much buzz: the combined power of technologies such as mobile devices, real-time predictive analytics, and the cloud that’s infiltrating almost every aspect of our human lives.
Most executives understand that this digital era presents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to intelligently grow and succeed in an already hyper-competitive marketplace. However, all too many are feeling the crushing burden of complexity. In fact, 51% of CIOs cannot respond promptly to digital opportunities, according to a recent Gartner study (http://www.midatlanticcioforum.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Gartner-Ambrose-Agile-IT-Management-in-a-Digital-World-.pdf), because complexity is squashing innovation.
Some companies are running management structures that prohibit accountability and create distance between employees and leadership. Others cannot pull together real-time data quickly to give an accurate view of the overall business and make decisions. The last thing any enterprise needs is to lag behind because of complexity.
Simplicity drives digital transformation – thanks to a digital core
Revolutionary innovation, unparalleled customer centricity, and outcome-driven strategies are the secrets to success in the digital era. Yet, no organization can achieve all this without a simple approach to digital transformation. To resolve the complexity conundrum, companies need to rethink how they can digitize their entire business network by following the five pillars of digital transformation:
- Deliver outcome-based customer experiences
- Replatform core processes, unite processes, and leverage real-time analytics to operate smarter, faster, and simpler
- Give all employee and contractors the tools to increase engagement and make intelligent decisions
- Accelerate growth innovation through supplier collaboration
- Drive real-time insights and new business models with Big Data and the Internet of Things
With in-memory computing software, such as SAP S/4HANA, the digital core, companies can deliver these fundamentals while scaling the transition based on the needs of the enterprise, customers, and the overall market. More important, simplification becomes the operational norm, delivering instant value across all lines of business and industries.
Simplification begins with implementation of the digital core – not after
Whether you’re considering an upgrade of your existing SAP landscape, already using the SAP HANA platform, or starting from a pristine new beginning, the goal is the same: To stay operational during the implementation and realize value as quickly as possible.
With the SAP Digital Business Services organization, companies are prepared to strip away complexity and streamline innovation with four distinct offerings for customer and partner led projects that consolidate various services and embedded support for increased levels of engagement:
- SAP ActiveEmbedded for planning and safeguarding of SAP S/4HANA: Navigate the potential, impacts, and obstacles related to the adoption of SAP S/4HANA. Get the planning and safeguarding support and on-demand expertise from a dedicated technical quality manager from SAP.
- SAP ActiveEmbedded for technical implementation of SAP S/4HANA: Transition your digital core to SAP S/4HANA without disruption. In addition to the planning and safeguarding package, SAP offers best practices for a smooth-running migration strategy. Your organizations benefits from detailed implementation planning, an innovation road map tailored to your needs, and personalized documentation on your technical architecture and infrastructure.
- SAP ActiveEmbedded for functional implementation of SAP S/4HANA: Increase your business’ freedom to innovate and focus on value-added business practices by optimizing your digital transformation with SAP S/4HANA. Combined with the technical implementation package, this service delivers the latest innovations and business scenarios, including expertise on custom code modification based on specific system needs.
- SAP MaxAttention for innovation with SAP S/4HANA: Anticipate new business process scenarios required in the digital world. Along with the functional implementation package, advanced expertise covering the entire business potential of SAP S/4HANA provides the foresight you need.
Get support from the experts
Digital Business Services helps customers quickly adopt innovations from SAP.
Learn more about SAP S/4HANA service packages: http://sapsupport.info/s4hana-service-packages