Configuring SAP DART Extractors
- The Data Retention Tool (DART) allows users to extract data from the database of an SAP system. And then extracted data is stored in one or more physical files.
- To allow users to extract and retain data with DART you must specify which data can be extracted with DART, and also specify the physical location to store for Extracted Data.
- To allow users to extract and retain data with DART you must:
2. Define at least one directory set to be used for storing the extract data files
3. Define a file path syntax for every platform on which you use DART
- Data Extracted by DART is organized in a Segments. Segment contains a collection of fields from SAP tables. Segment may hold master data or data from an application Document/Transnational Data. A segment may contain data from a single SAP database table, or it may combine related data from multiple tables. Below is the example fig.
Segment will contain Table data from various SAP modules like FI, SD, CO etc.
DART extracts may contain one or more segments. Illustrated in below fig.
- By default SAP has provided many Data Segments in an SAP systems. We also can pre-define our own Data Segments.
-The technical names of all data segments provided by SAP start with TXW_. For example, one of the segments, namely TXW_MM_POH, contains Purchase Order document header data. Another segment, TXW_MM_POP, contains Purchase Order line item data.
Customizing Data Segments:
–if user required to extract the data from the customized tables or for the tables not included in existing segments, we have 2 ways:
1. Add the fields to existing SAP segments
2. Add/Create new Data Segment
Create a new Data Segments:
- 1. An ABAP Data Dictionary structure. Data Dictionary structure must contain all the fields (like Mandt, Bname etc) you wish to include in the data segment in DART.
- 2. In addition, you mustcreate and activate the FTXW002 function exitto read and export the data defined by the segment.
Creating/Modifying ABAP Data Dictionary structure.
This task will be taken care by ABAPer with help of Functional consultant.Instructions while creating Data Dictionary structure
- Include in the structure only character-based fields. Do not use numeric data types
- When naming the dictionary structure fields, use the same name as the names of the fields in the source table.
Function exit FTXW0002 allows you to add a new segment into DART.
You create and activate the function exit using SAP Customer Enhancements (transaction CMOD).
Your function exit should:
- 1. Read the necessary data fields from the table in the database.
- 2. Move them to the Data Dictionary structure one record at a time.
- 3. Export the data to the data extract.
If any of the fields in the source table is not a character field, you must also convert its data to character format.
Below fig. can illustrate
Process for creating Data segments:
From the main DART menu, choose Configuration Data segments .
The Configure data segment screen lists existing segments.
Choose Edit Create segment .
At the Segment structure field, enter the name of the Data Dictionary structure you have created for the segment.
In the same screen, you can optionally define the following attributes for the new data segment.