This was the first SAP CodeJam event hosted by partner in Japan. We enjoyed the hands-on exercises and collaborations.
The host,Hui Sun from BASE was inspired by SAP Inside Track Tokyo event that I organized last year. He organized this SAP CodeJam Tokyo without any help from SAP Japan. The SAP community in Japan is growing
Title: SAP CodeJam Tokyo. ABAP for HANA with Fiori
Date: 23rd of April, 2016 (Saturday)
Language: English and Japanese
Hosted by : BASE
No of participants: about 30
- S/4HANA Extended Overview, Usage for ABAP CDS
- Ex A: ABAP Developer Tools setup
Hands-on exercises for developing an app which shows customer data from HANA.
- Ex B: Hello World programming by ABAP Development Tools
- Data Model design in SEGW. （This has been prepared to save time)
We did 3 different type of backend development by ABAP
- Ex C: Define CDS: Core Data Services in ABAP Development Tools
- Ex D: OpenSQL code in ABAP.
- Ex E: Develop AMDP: ABAP Managed Database Procedure
Finally we can call OData services from UI
- Ex F: Gateway. Generate code from data model and redefine method.
- Ex G: Develop UI by SAP Web IDE on HCP: HANA Cloud Platform
The systems, materials and hands-on instructions are well prepared and well documented. Thank you for those who created materials.
Thanks again to the BASE team who hosted this event.