Build your own gamificated IoT showcase with SAP technologies
What is this about?
This is a series of blog posts covering a gamificated approach to Big Data and the Internet of Things (IoT) using SAP technologies. While there are already some great blogs about SAP HANA, HANA Cloud Platform, HCP IoT services, SAPUI5, Node.js and SAP Lumira, this blog is about delivering an end to end scenario covering all those technologies.
Instead of relying on traditional IoT showcases (Rasperry Pi or Arduino), we use fun little Sphero robots racing each other to generate sensor data, which is stored in a HANA database and later analyzed via SAP Lumira.
The blog posts
This blog series offers a closer look at the various parts of this showcase and enables you to rebuild the whole solution.
- Part 1: The Big Picture
- Part 2: Driving a Sphero
- Part 3a: Access HCP IoT services via Node.js
- Part 3b: Getting sensor data from Sphero into HCP (Coming soon) *
- Part 4a: Building the race app – The HANA data model (Coming soon) *
- Part 4b: Building the race app – The SAPUI5 frontend (Coming soon) *
- Part 5: Analyze data in SAP Lumira (Coming soon) *
- Part 6: What’s next (Coming soon) *
* There might be changes in the agenda for upcoming posts.
The source code of all parts of the application will available at Github (GitHub – teamfact/iot-sphero-racing) according to the state of the blog posts.
See it in action
The showcase was built as an internal showcase for the company I am working for, TEAMFACT GmbH. As a consulting company with a focus on SAP BI/BW and SAP HANA we looked for a fun way to evaluate the IoT and Big Data universe with a focus on SAP technologies The following video was captured at an internal event and shows some of the things we are going to rebuild in this blog.