Did you read Moya’s Blog about the Call for Proposals for SAP TechEd Las Vegas? “Hello! Is It You We’re Looking For? – Call for Speakers from the SAP Community!”
Well, the SAP TechEd Las Vegas Call for Proposals is now CLOSED. Our committee is currently working on the selection of the most valuable community sessions.
Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballé sang, “Barcelona – Such a beautiful horizon, Barcelona – Like a jewel in the sun” and once you lay your eyes on the beauty of the Mediterranean, you’ll be singing right along with them.
You would like to be join SAP TechEd Barcelona and sing along with all of us? No problem!
>>We are pleased to invite you to submit content for SAP TechEd Barcelona!<<
This year, for the first time, we have 10 sessions available to members of the SAP community. This is YOUR chance to make SAP TechEd 2016 a powerful combination of meaningful content, networking, and fun.
Sounds great, right?
The SAP Mentors Program is driving this initiative and we would love you to submit your session suggestion by no later than May 6, for consideration by our committee (of SAP Mentors) and track leads. Share the essence of what you are doing with SAP technology that is new, special, unique or different. Tell about best practices and experiences around technical implementation. Explain others how they can achieve fantastic outcome! Speak about topics that go beyond the “standard” SAP TechEd topics!
If chosen, you will be a speaker at SAP TechEd Barcelona, Spain, that will take place in the Fira Barcelona Gran Via from November 8 – 10, 2016.
Don’t procrastinate – submission deadlines are quickly approaching.
- Submissions are due by May 6.
- All submissions will be vetted by our steering committee and SAP TechEd Track leads, with final selections made in early June.
- You must:
- NOT be an SAP Employee. These tickets are reserved for opportunities for the external SAP community
- Be an active contributor to the SAP community, as evidenced by your participation here on the SAP Community Network
- Be able to demonstrate to us in your submission why your content deserves to be heard – above all the other submissions
- Be willing to tell us something we’ve never heard before
- Be experienced, knowledgeable, and possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in English
- Meet all deadlines including submitting your presentation on time
- Be available to present during the entire conference
- Be able to fund your travel and expenses to TechEd. We’ll take care of the coveted ticket
SAP TechEd 2016 – What kind of content is to be developed?
Technical Know-How and education at its best!
The questions to always ask from SAP TechEd content perspective:
- What is the key technical challenge of a particular session and how to solve it from a technical perspective?
- Which technical job profiles will be addressed in the session?
- What are the key takeaways for the desired job profiles
- No marketing, pure value prop session and/or even sales pitches!
- Community Sessions should distinguish from the “standard” SAP TechEd Sessions, as they go beyond the strategic tracks and hot topics (listed below). Choose topics that are relevant to and valued by the community and try attract the passionate and large audience because this is a special topic that is not addressed in the “standard” TE track.
Summary & Resources:
- Submit ASAP your session: http://tinyurl.com/TEcomm
- SAP Mentors Homepage on SCN
- 2015 Community Sessions at SAP TechEd Las Vegas!
- Stay tuned on SAP TechEd Global Website
- Follow SAP TechEd on TwitterFacebookLinkedIn, and YouTube and use the #SAPTechEd hashtag to join the conversation.
- For any questions about your submission, please comment below
Looking forward to see and hear you at SAP TechEd Barcelona!
Katarina Fischer (SAP Mentors Program Manager)