My Experience About Installation of SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 Fully-activated Software Appliance (Blu-ray)
Recently, I ordered and installed the SAP S/4HANA on-premise edition 1511 Fully-activated Software Appliance (Blu-ray) into our internal environment for demo and presale purpose. I want to share some experience about how to order and smoothly install the software appliance.
- Partner ordering – create customer message following the instrustions in 2041140 – Order SAP Preassembled rapid-deployment solution as a physical shipment
- Customer ordering – create customer message following the instructions in 2202234 – Order SAP Preassembled rapid-deployment solution as a physical shipment as part of an SAP service delivery
2032086 – SAP S/4HANA On Premise Edition 1511 FPS01 Fully Activated Appliance – Central Note
1. At the current point in time, customers need a service engagement with SAP Consulting for receiving any (i.e. not just for the S/4HANA discs) pre-configured Blu-Ray disc. This is not needed for partners.
2. Customers & partners need valid licenses for the pre-configured components on the discs (partners e.g. T&D license, customers regular or trial license contract):
c) SAP Cash Management
d) SAP BPC for NW (used for Integrated Business Planning for Finance)
It will takes several days before you receiving the media sent from SAP. Keep in mind that you need a blu-ray drive to read the content (There are two CDs within the package).
There is also one document called First Steps: Installation of SAP S/4HANA, On-Premise edition 1511 fully-activated Software Applicance which gives you an overview of the various sources of information that are available for the delivered SAP production.
Get one certified SAP HANA server with the hardware configuation below (in my case, I deploy HANA DB and SAP application server in one host):
OS: SLES 11 SP3 / SP4
About how to installation this software applicance, you can also refer to openSAP -> Implementation of SAP S4HANA -> Week 4 Unit 3 insts4hana Video.
After renaming, you need to perform the following activities to fix problems you may face which are not recorded in installation guide.
1. Change hostname related to the embedded webdispatcher configuration from vhcals4hcs to your current hostname in S4H_ASCS01_<hostname> profile.
2. Adjust value of HANA paremeter ssl/server_pse to new hostname if you want to use https protocal to access HANA XS service, for instance, s4demo21 is the current hostname for the machine. Then kill HANA webdispatcher service to take change into effect.
3. Perform steps mentioned in SAP S/4 HANA other app Types Deployment (MAL) help.sap.com/disclaimer?site=https://support.sap.com/content/dam/SAAP/Sol_Pack/Library/Configuration/MAL_S4HANAX_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.docx -> 3.2.2 Assignment of http Connection to All Apps in a Fiori Launchpad
4. Delete the entry below in SE16 to prevent DNS resolution error which redirects to vhcals4hcs.dummy.domain when clicking some Apps like imcoming sales order.
5. Clean Fiori cache according to SAP Fiori – Cache Management: Clearing caches after applying patches
1. If you want to logon the embedded webdispatcher, the password for user admin is Welcome1.
2. Reconfigure transport system in needed.