As digital transformation moves from being a nice-to-have novelty to a core competency, its power to change everything is becoming more apparent every day. Digital business models are proving to be incredibly disruptive. Customers expect a new type of experience that mirrors their personal, digitally augmented lives. Service is the new profit center, outpacing traditional product-centric offerings.
No longer are companies wondering if they should adapt – it’s a matter of when and how. Unfortunately, the “when” and “how” part of the equation is very difficult to decipher. According to a recent Accenture study, 63% of businesses are focusing their digital strategy on improving online customer experiences this year, but only 26% are just as prepared to digitize operations. More interesting, only 5% feel that going digital is a competitive differentiator.
With such a wide interpretation of digital transformation and misunderstanding of its potential, it’s not surprising that most executives have many questions. What does digital transformation mean? Is it just about providing the digital experiences and convenience that customers have become accustomed to? Or will digitizing the entire business deliver significant competitive advantages that will disrupt the industry and cause customers to flock to the brand? And whatever the choice, how do we get there?
Luckily, you can get the answers you want – and more – very soon.
SAPPHIRE NOW: Everything you need to know about digital transformation under one roof
If you’re no stranger to SAPPHIRE NOW, co-located with ASUG Annual Conference, you already know how this conference can prepare you for what’s coming next. And this year is no different.
We have assembled a broad range of experts, leading visionaries, and corporate executives who will discuss the true meaning of digital transformation and show what the journey looks like. No utopian business models nor theoretical road maps – just pure, real-world digital transformation.
Our team from SAP Digital Business Services is ready to help you navigate your company’s digital transformation. Here’s a small glimpse of what awaits you at SAPPHIRE NOW:
- The digital core: Discover a new generation of ERP solutions and how their integration with predictive analytics, Big Data, and mobile technology are revolutionizing how companies operate and how information is consumed.
- SAP HANA platform: Take a deep dive into the new in-memory computing paradigm that is presenting the ultimate opportunity for simplification and a platform for innovation and digital business.
- Human capital management: Find out how digital transformation can have the greatest influence of all on your workforce and why giving people access to digital, consumer-grade technology results in smarter, faster, and better business operations.
- Customer engagement and commerce: Deliver the simple, seamless, and personalized experiences your customers expect across any channel. Learn how a clear path to the new digital front office can help you get underway.
- Business networks: Make operations more efficient with a range of business-to-business transactional processes – from sourcing and selling to payment processing.
- Internet of Things: Understand how hyperconnectivity and the science behind Big Data are transforming every business model and the opportunities waiting for your enterprise.
Whether you’re just getting started, shifting direction in the middle of your journey, or learning what’s next, you can choose from hundreds of sessions that shed light on the end-to-end digital journey. This is your chance to reimagine everything your brand touches and to deliver the changes that meet your business’ needs now and in the future.
Join us at SAPPHIRE NOW and meet with us in person at the SAP Digital Business Services area. You can learn more about our booth in my previous blog The SAP Service and Support Presence at SAPPHIRE NOW 2016.
Benjamin Wilk is the social media ambassador for SAP Digital Business Services at SAPPHIRE NOW 2016.