already the fifth year in a row NASA is organizing the NASA Space Apps Challenge. As one of the world’s largest international annual hackathons, they are looking for people like you that are problem solvers and keen to join a 48-hour hackathon. Their aim is to inspire teamwork for positive change across every skill level and discipline. Therefore, everyone is welcome: be it engineer, coder, maker, designer or storyteller. So come join us at multiple locations around the globe where we are supporting on various levels!
Together you will work on challnges like these to just name a few:
- JET SET MARS: Create a conceptual mobility solution to allow an astronaut to easily and rapidly explore Mars.
- LOW BOOM: Construct a visualization of low boom as it compares to normal sonic boom using data generated by actual flight tests conducted at NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center and data collected from NASA noise laboratories.
- ROCK-IT SPACE FASHION AND DESIGN: Design a space data-tech-fashion wearable in form of clothing or accessories that will collect or distribute data and technology.
- EARTH LIVE: Develop a web tool, mobile device app or add-on for existing apps or websites that leverages NASA imagery and climate data to illustrate the impacts of our changing Earth in areas of interest to you.
- SIM SPACE: Develop a game that conditions in an off-Earth located permanent or temporary colony.
- ….and many more!
How to join
The event is free for everyone to join. No need to apply! Just go to https://2016.spaceappschallenge.org/ and find a location near you. If you can’t find one, you can still join the hackathon via wifi!
We are looking forward to see you at locations around the globe!