Scorecard: Step by Step to Nice Visualization (Delta Bar Chart)
Step-by-Step to define a Scorecard with Comparison Chart visualization.
This time, the example can be made offline as I will use the Bring your own Data Source from Mike (included in SCN Design Studio SDK Development Community).
1. We start with data source and empty scorecard:
2. After assigning to scorecard and generating initial scorecard.
3. Initial scorecard is very basic, only the dimension and first measure is displayed.
the goal is to create a visualization which compares year 1960 and 2010.
4. we will insert a column with comparison chart manually
What is changed?
– add new column
– change template to “Comparison Chart, Delta Bar”
– change Column Size to make it bigger
– set some header text
5. Define the “Actual Value” and “Benchmark Value”
6. the effect is…
7. now, only adjustments in maximum and minimum are required
8. and the chart will change
9. of course, the scale is too small for some values which are bigger than max value.
10. you can also add suffix for value, e.g.
11. and also remove decimal places
I have exported the data source to CSV and the example is available here.
You can find the scorecard definition together with used data source.