As of SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP CRM 7.0, the business function Sales and Service (CRM_SLS_SRV_1) is available.
You can use values from past service confirmations to predict the service parts and time required to perform a service. In the standard system, predicted values are provided based on service confirmation data stored in the SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW).
Prediction is relevant for service items, and is, therefore, available in service orders, service order quotations, and in-house repair orders.
Predictions are made on item level for the combination of the following:
- Service product
- Reference object
This must be a reference object for which product master data can be determined.
- First level of categorization
All of the above data must be available in the transaction in order to use the prediction function.
You can overwrite predicted values once they have been entered in a transaction.
Service Part Prediction
In the All Items view of the Items assignment block, you can select a service item and display the predicted service parts with their quantities and relevance in percent. By default, the 5 most relevant service parts are shown in the prediction, based on previously confirmed data.
When you select the relevant service parts they are added to the service item as sub items.
Service Duration Prediction
The predicted duration is automatically retrieved when you create a new service item in the Service Items view of the Items assignment block. Previously, the duration was retrieved from the master data of the object or product in the item.
Effects on System Administration
To use the prediction function, you need to
- install and activate the relevant BI Content.
- enable the data flow between SAP CRM and SAP NetWeaver BW by configuring
- the Web service QUERY_VIEW_DATA in SAP NetWeaver BW
- the consumer proxy QUERY_VIEW_DATA in SAP CRM.
Effects on Customizing
You need to make the following settings in Customizing for Customer Relationship Management:
- Activate prediction for the relevant item categories.
You can activate prediction for item categories with the item object type BUS2000140 (CRM Service Product Item). You do this under Transactions -> Basic Settings – >Define Item Categories.
- Define the minimum number of data records that must exist in SAP NetWeaver BW for prediction to take place for an item.
You define this threshold value under Transactions -> Settings for Service Transactions -> Prediction of Service Parts and Service Duration -> Specify Minimum Number of BW Data Records Required for Prediction.
- If you want to retrieve prediction data from a source other than SAP NetWeaver BW, you can create your own implementation for Business Add-In (BAdI) Prediction of Service Parts and Service Duration.