Introducing Our Newest SAP Mentors – April 2016
Who could have imagined that when we asked the SAP community to apply or nominate others to join the SAP Mentors program, that we would have close to 400 candidates from 53 countries to choose from?! This is amazing! It confirms that the SAP community is huge and vibrant. At the same time, it’s also a signal that legitimizes the awareness and trust the SAP Mentors have created in the broader SAP ecosystem.
The SAP Mentors program is going through a transformation, and this includes the way we are recruiting new Mentors:
- Transparency about our gaps – our Mentors Wanted posters lists specific attributes and profiles of people we’re looking for. “Mentor Magic” is always important, and we are looking beyond the SCN to ensure the SAP Mentors community is diverse and representative of the SAP world.
- Continuous recruitment – with the year-round nomination system, we can keep our eyes and ears open to identify new influencers and interested candidates, while building up a list of potential Mentors. Candidates who weren’t chosen in this round can still be eligible in our next intake in August.
- Wisdom of the crowd – our community knows best and that’s why we’ve entrusted you to nominate our future SAP Mentors. When it comes to selecting the new Mentors, we’re following the same rule and sharing this responsibility to the newly elected SAP Mentors Advisory Board.
I would like to thank each and every member of the Advisory Board for spending countless hours reviewing profiles and credentials of hundreds of candidates. Because we didn’t know every candidate personally, and not every candidate had a SCN profile or content, we had to use our best judgement. Having so many candidates who are SAP experts and influencers in the SAP ecosystem made our job difficult. However, we were also glad to have such a deep pool of talented and community-minded individuals to pick from. After several rounds of voting by the Board to create short lists of candidates, followed by deliberation, here is the outcome:
- Andre Fischer (Germany): The community’s go-to person for anything-SAP Gateway, Andre is a recognized blogger on SCN, and a frequent speaker at SAP TechEd events. His helpful mindset and knowledge of SAP solutions make him a trusted advisor to all who engage with him.
- Dagfinn Parnas (Norway): Considered one of the best SAP UX/Mobile people in the space, Dagfinn is also known by many in the community for his solution architecture and Security expertise. Dagfinn is a returning alumnus to the SAP Mentors program, so we expect he will share his experience and wisdom.
- David Ruiz Badia (Spain): As an IT Architect in his company, David has been focused on technical aspects of SAP projects. He set up the SOA Special Interest Group in Spain’s SAP User Group in 2007 where he served as a board member. David was also a Core Leadership Team member of SUGEN.
- Eng Swee Yeoh (Malaysia): Any of our community members involved with Process Integration or Process Orchestration would have encountered Eng Swee’s expert advice and usable content. His willingness to share useful tips and ability to describe new SAP product features to readers is a great example of community spirit.
- Joseph Fox (USA): Joseph is Senior Vice President & GM of SAP Ariba, focused on New Innovation and Co-Innovation. He and SAP Mentors have crossed paths before. With Joe’s help, we expect to increase collaboration and knowledge sharing with SCN members about the SAP Business Network.
- Jyoti Prakash (India): SCN members are very familiar with Jyoti’s active contributions, especially as a Moderator for several topics including SAP SD, SD Billing, and Internationalization and Unicode. One of his goals in life is to become a SAP Mentor. Check!
- Vasily Baranovsky (Russia): As a SuccessFactors consultant in Moscow, Vasily likes to look beyond his field of Human Capital Management – he’s also interested in artificial intelligence and cognitive computing. He has been most active in the SAP SuccessFactors Customer Community, and the SAP Russian community.
- Veselina Peykova (Bulgaria): If you’ve read this Member of the Month blog, you’ll recognize Veselina. She’s an independent consultant with expertise in Plant Maintenance, ERP Sales and Distribution, and Investment Management (just to name a few), and a passion for learning.
- Trong Minh “Woody” Nguyen (Singapore): Originally from Vietnam, Woody now works in Singapore as a HCM consultant where he generously shares his time and knowledge with other consultants, especially in the South East Asia region.
Please join me in congratulating the new SAP Mentors! We will invite our new SAP Mentors to join an upcoming SAP Mentor Monday webinar to personally introduce themselves to the SCN community.
Congratulations for your nomination!
welcome back Dagfinn Parnas
Truely looking forward to work with the mentor program again and connecting with all the mentors.
I'm glad you're back! I've kept following your work and always thought: That guy is such a Mentor and will always be. 🙂
Thank you for the kind words Thorsten. Means a lot especially coming from someone with such a track record as your self.
Congratulations to all 🙂 SAP mentors.
We always look forward for your valuable contributions interms of blogs, suggestions and solutions.
On a personal note: I am very happy to see Jyoti Prakash alias JP as SAP mentor. I have seen JP spending good amount of time on SCN resolving/answering questions and guiding people. His professional approach to resolve issues and zeal to provide best solutions has finally paid-off. Good luck JP and eagerly looking forward for your blogs. Feeling lucky to know you personally. Thanks
Thanks Kalyan M for the mention. All the very best.
Congratulations to all the new Mentors!!
Congratulations to all new Mentors !!!
Many Congratulations my friend Jyoti Prakash to be nominated as SAP mentor.
We have been connected since our Post graduation days & he has been mentoring me since then. I appreciate his efforts & enthusiasms to learn new things & sharing it with his colleagues & on the forum like SCN. I once again wants to give you my best wishes for this achievement.
Anupam Kumar Thank you Buddy. Stay blessed.
Feel great to join SAP Mentors Team! - I'll do my best to support the Initiative.
Welcome back Dagfinn Parnas and warm welcome to all.
Hello Tammy Powlas
Thank you for your wishing. And it means a lot.
Best Regards, JP
Thank you Tammy Powlas Very happy to be back
Congratulations to all new member!
Heartiest congratulations to Jyoti Prakash . Its a pleasure to know you personally and work with you. Your professionalism is quite admirable. I like your approach of problem solving and your great enthusiasm to share the vast knowledge.
Thanks for all the support and best wishes ahead.
aasim ali Thanks for your wishes. Please start collaborating in SCN. All the very best.
Congratulations to the new Mentors (Mentor cubs, as we like to call the new members of the wolfpack)! I look forward to meeting you in person. 🙂
Hearty congratulations JP and wish you All the Best
Good Morning G Lakshmipathi Sir,
As I always mention, you are my true "Mentor", who is my idol in SCN and simply genius.
Thank you very much for your wishes.
Best Regards, JP
Many Many congratulation JP sir , wish you all the best.
have a nice journey,
Hi Deep K and bijay kumar
Best Wishes, JP
Congratulations to all the new mentors 🙂
Awesome achievement and thank you for all your help and guidance
Congratz to the new SAP Mentors! Looking forward to meet up.
Congratulations to all new SAP mentors listed here (Especially for Veselina Peykova and Eng Swee Yeoh, because I follow their work here on SCN for a while).
May you all have a lot of success in this new phase 😀
Thanks Raphael for the kind words 😉
And thanks to all, especially the Mentor Advisory Board for the honour and privilege to be a mentor cub (in the words of Thorsten Franz) 🙂
Looking forward to working with you all.
Warm congratulations to all the new mentors - what an impressive group. So glad to see Veselina Peykova on this list! Another Member of the Month to Mentor journey, reminds me of Matt Fraser, Florian Henninger and Mike Howles.
A small but rich list of new SAP Mentors. Congratulations to all!
Congratulations new Mentors! 🙂
Glad to see new and familiar names here!
congrats to all
Wonderful news 🙂 Thanks a lot 🙂
I will try my best to be a good member 😀
Congratulations and welcome to the group! So good to see solid representation from SD/Logistics. Not being the only JP anymore is totally worth it. 🙂
Thanks the wishes and mention.
Best Regards, JP
Congratulations to all new SAP Mentors. Welcome aboard! 🙂
Congratulations to all experienced and new SAP Mentors.
Congratulations to all... 🙂
Congratulations, all, and welcome! Now let the haz... er, initiations begin! 😈 Very happy to see Veselina Peykova on this list, and looking forward to getting to know the rest of you.
Congrats guys and ladies!
May the Force be with you, always
Hearty congratulation to all mentor and to JP sir.
Congratulations, looking forward to meeting you.
Congratulations to the new Mentors and I look forward to working with you.
Congratulations to all of you. Looking forward to talk to you.
Congrats to all and welcome to the club!
Dagfinn....glad to have you "active" again...as if you ever were not. haha
Thank you Chris! The alumni program was all fine and dandy, but glad to be back 🙂
Congratulations all! Eng Swee & Andre are exceptional.
Veselina - an extra welcome to our lone new female Mentor!
As ever we need more women in tech leading the way for the next generation!
Congrats to all of You guys. Well deserved and keep up the good work!
Hearty Congratulations - Trong Minh "Woody" Nguyen
Congratulations to all the new SAP mentors!!
Congratulations and a very warm Caribbean welcome to all the new SAP Mentors! Hope to meet all or most of you at Sapphire.
Happy to see another woman joining the wolf pack 🙂
- One Love
Congratulations 🙂 Being an Alumni in the Mentor space I can only say: Make the best out of this election. Being a Mentor is a great experience. You will get to know so many great people and have, albeit the opportunity to actively engage and sometimes confront SAP's management, the best fun with the wolfpack. Being elected is something you can be proud of.
At the same time, there is of course some expectation on you. But, and that's for sure, being nominated and elected means, you already provide what is needed. Very good knowledge, kind manner and an engaging personality.
My best wishes to all Mentors.
Hi Christian Günther
Thank you for wishes, kind words, and guidance.
Best Regards, JP
Hearty congratulation to all and best of luck. 🙂
Congrts All.. 🙂
Congrats to ALL
Greetings All and Congrats 🙂
A lots of Congratulations to Jyoti Prakash.....you have made us very proud....u have been a very very good friend and guide to us ......you are one of the most knowledgeable person I have ever met in my life...All the Best..Keep doing best things...
Hello Jyoti Sir
To be frank, it's so generous of you to take out time from your always busy professional schedule and valuing me so high. Thanks for your wishes. Stay blessed.
Many Congratulation and all the best to all new mentor,
Looking forward to putting in my application for the next round of recruits! Congrats to all of you! you guys always make the conferences better 🙂
Congratulations to all Mentors !
Though I am late but still I don't wanna lose the opportunity to congratulate all new SAP Mentors. It is good to see mentors coming from diverse nations and I am sure everyone must have done brilliant job.
I'd like to appreciate and recognize the special efforts by Jyoti Prakash and Veselina Peykova as they share SD space with me and congratulate to both of them. Glad to see you here.
Thank you ' MoazzaM '