This blog will provide some basic information about how to use the File location object to access files in SFTP and FTP after Document Version: 4.2 Support Package 6 (18.104.22.168).
- Go to file file location object, right click on it and create new.
- Name:Name of the file location
- Protocol: Type of protocol(SFTP, FTP or SCP)
- Port: you can leave it default. Usually for SFTP it is 22 and for FTP it is 21
- HostKey fingerprint: It is required for SFTP not for FTP. But don’t worry system it self will propose this key once user and password is valid.
copy and paste(copy is not allowed here but you can copy it in job error log) the above marked key in the host key finger prints.
- Authorization type: In my case, I use password
- Connection retry count and interval can leave as it is.
- Remote directory: is the folder path in side server(‘/’ is not required at the end)
- Local directory: Required only if you are copying it to local system folder.
3. Now you are ready with file location object and go to the file in data flow and double click on it.
- Chose the file location from dropdown
- provide the file name and the execute job. you should be able to access the file.