EP: Issue with broadcasting BEx reporting files to KM Repository in formats XML, MHTML
Backdrop: You are using the Enterprise Portal & BEx Broadcaster to pre-calculate and distribute queries, query views, Web templates, reports and workbooks. After some noted problem occurrences you are facing an intermittent issue when attempting to broadcast Bex reporting files to KM repository content.
Error Encountered: Exception thrown: com.sap.ip.bi.broadcasting.runtime.BroadcastingException: Error while creating resource in KM.
Testing The Behavior:
- Log into Enterprise Portal and select the predefined target KM Repository and folders.
- Run the BEx Broadcaster for the reporting files to the target folder in the Enterprise Portal.
- The broadcasting service returns the error exception “Exception thrown:com.sap.ip.bi.broadcasting.runtime.BroadcastingException: Error while creating resource in KM”.
Reason for Exception:
- File format discrepancy
Setting the correct formatting type:
- Choose with the quick info text Export and select Spreadsheet in the selection list. In full-screen mode, choose List > Export > Spreadsheet.
- If you have a choice of more than one format, the Select Spreadsheet dialog box opens.
- In the Select Spreadsheet dialog box, select the format in which you want to save the exported data.
- Confirm the settings.
Review Settings & Additional Pointers
- In the dialog box that appears, specify the path and name of the file and save the file.
- For some formats, you also need to specify other settings for the file that is saved.
- Make the required settings, where applicable.
- If an installed program is linked to the selected file name extension, this program is started automatically and the generated file is opened.
Download & Restest
- Download to system > List > Local File.
for info, I had this same error message “Error while creating resource in KM” with a broadcast publishing an xls file in KM directory. The error occured only when the broadcast was planned and not when it was executed directly. The reason was missing portal authorizations for the ‘Authorization user’ defined in the broadcast setting.
bliherbal Mempromosikan Beraneka Ragam Obat-obatan Tradisional Mujarab obat herbal kanker hati