Simon and Aviad Discuss SAP Fiori Cloud Edition (SFCE)
Last night I got the opportunity to sit down and chat with Aviad Rivlin from SAP and discuss the SAP Fiori Cloud Edition (a.k.a SFCE). Aviad is a director of product management for the SAP Fiori Cloud Edition. In our 20 minute chat you will find out all about SFCE , here are some of the specific questions Aviad answers:
- What is SAP Fiori Cloud Edition?
- What are the main benefits customers can expect?
- What Fiori Apps are available now and what is planned for the future?
- Do you need to be running SAP ERP on HANA or S/4HANA?
- Can you use Transactional, Analytical and Factsheet apps?
- Can you build your own Fiori or Fiori-Like apps and run them on SFCE?
- What do customers need to install “on-premise”?
- What is HCP oData Provisioning a.k.a. Gateway as a Service (GWaaS)?
- How frequently do updates get applied in the cloud?
- How is testing managed for updates?
- How much does it cost? (Will Aviad really answer this? – you will have to listen to find out) 😀
You can listen to our full discussion here
If you haven’t already seen Aviad’s post announcing the general availability of SFCE I encourage you to take a look:
Announcing General Availability (GA) of SAP Fiori Cloud Edition!
Another great place to start as Aviad mentions at the end of our talk is with the SAP Fiori Cloud Demo Edition, so make sure you check that out as well.
Please leave your comments and feedback below. Thanks for listening!
Simon Kemp - always a pleasure to collaborate! Sorry for the low sounds quality, after all there is some distance Australia >> Israel 😉
Hope everyone will benefit from our chat.
Good discussion! Thanks for sharing that. Just some questions ...
- Does the Fiori Cloud Edition incorporate the capabilities of HCPms (mobile services) within its offering or is that a separate product? For instance, in the podcast you mention that you can code your own apps ... but can you code your own apps and enable things like offline capability and build your own Kapsel app with custom icons etc. with the Fiori Cloud Edition product?
- Aviad I thought you were the Product Manager for SAP Enterprise Portal? So if not has anyone else taken over that role?
That's a great question re HCPms John, but one I don't know the answer to (yet). Hopefully Aviad Rivlin can help out.
Thanks for taking the time to listen.
Indeed very good topic! SAP Fiori, cloud edition provides mobile access via the responsive UIs of the apps / launchpad. It does not include the enhanced mobile capabilities that are available with SAP Fiori, mobile service. We are working these days on the integration between the two products: Fiori Cloud and Fiori Mobile. Britt Womelsdorf and Milja Gillespie can provide you more details about Fiori mobile service (hint, hint... maybe another podcast on this topic).
And about me personally... I simply took additional responsibilities. The Enterprise Portal is very close to me, and now I am responsible (PM wise) for Fiori Cloud as well. If you think about it, there can/may/should be synergies between these products. Work in progress...
Not sure if it is out as GA, SAP Fiori mobile service, most of the stuffs are cool, for people who have not seen this video :
SAP Fiori mobile service: Product Demonstration - YouTube
Hi Aviad and Simon,
Great blog as it really addresses many of the recurring questions on this topic.
SAP Technology RIG