Introduction to Creating OData Service in HANA Cloud Integration
The OData Provisioning feature in HCI is designed for today’s increasing demand to consume data from various data sources in a simple and standard way. This feature converts non-OData protocols to OData protocols.
Using this feature, applications like Fiori and HANA Cloud Platform Mobile Services will be able to consume data from different data sources such as SOAP and REST as OData services.
List of Options
- Create OData service based on an existing SOAP Service.
- You can import a SOAP WSDL file to the HCI wizard to create OData model or you could create an OData edmx file from scratch and define SOAP as backend.
- That means, your applications can consume data from a SOAP data source as OData service. (Note that composite and multipart SOAP services are not supported.)
- You can see it in action here.
- Create OData service based on an existing OData service.
- Create OData service for REST data source.
- Service Mash-up.
An End to End Demo
This demo shows, how to create OData service from an existing SOAP service and consume it in a mobile app.
1. How to create OData service from an existing SOAP service using HCI.
2. Then, configure the mobile application in HCPMS.
3. Finally, creating the mobile app using Web IDE.
Note: This video was created a couple of months back for my DKOM presentation, so you might find some small UI changes, you can notice that the OData end point URL was created automatically in HCI, but it is not available now. Today you are required to create end point URL manually as mentioned here under section endpoints.
Find the documentation here.
If you want to know how to convert SOAP to OData using HCI read this blog.
To know the use case of this feature with HCPMS read this blog.
SAP Technology RIG