SAP Design Studio apps, Crystal Reports, Webi reports etc. can now be integrated with the SAP Fiori Launchpad. In this blog we’ll look at how these reports/dashboards from the SAP BusinessObjects BI platform can be integrated with SAP Fiori landscape.
Before you jump on the how-to section, i recommend watching this demo video which shows how the reports/dashboards look in SAP Fiori launchpad.
Ok, I hope you watched the demo, now we’ll look at the how-to part.
The following walks you through the steps to integrate a SAP Design Studio application with SAP Fiori, however you can follow the same steps to integrate any report or dashboard with SAP Fiori.
Step 1: Generate the OpenDoc URL from the SAP BI Launchpad
- Login to the SAP BI Launchpad and right click on the report or SAP Design Studio app that you want to make it available in SAP Fiori Launchpad, and select Document Link
- Copy the link to a notepad.
Step 2: Create New Launchpad
- Login to SAP Fiori front-end server, and run transaction code LPD_CUST
- Click New Launchpad, and enter the details as shown in the below figure.
- Click continue
- Next, create an application by clicking New Application
- Enter the details as shown in the figure
Link Text: Liquidity Forecast
Application type: URL
Paste the URL which we copied in Step 1 in Additional Parameters
Application Alias: LiquidityForecastApp
Step 3: Create Semantic Object
In SAP GUI, run transaction code /UI2/SEMOBJ, and add a new semantic object as shown in the figure below.
Step 4: Create a new Catalog
- Login to SAP Fiori Launchpad Designer from your browser.
Step 5: Create a New tile and the Target Mapping
Step 6: Create a New Group
- Select the Groups tab in the SAP Fiori Launchpad Designer.
- Create a new group by clicking
- Enter the below details and click Save
Step 7: Create New Role for the Catalog and Group
- In the SAP front-end system, run transaction code PFCG
- Enter a role name and click Single Role
- In the role menu add the Catalog and Group which we created in the previous steps.
- Click Save
- Select the User tab and enter the user ID/ID’s who needs access to this SAP BI Catalog.
- Click Save
Login to SAP Fiori Launchpad and you should now see the tile, catalog, and the group. Please watch the complete demo here.
SAP Press Author – SAP Fiori Implementation and Development