Common Types of Mappings required : Usually for source system to target planning or consolidation system following type of mappings are required by the business
|Explicit – One to One||Reporting Unit – DA100||Simple One to One Mapping|
|Like||5100?????, *9800||Using Wild characters|
|Range – Between Numeric Values||5000 – 6000||Alphabetical and numeric ranges required|
Set of Values
|5000,6799,9999,S459||Set of possible values.|
|Logic – If then Else||
If CURVAL > 0 then
Result = CURVAL
|If the condition is true then only perform mapping|
The table below represents the recommended approach that can be followed in FIM mapping tables
|Explicit – One to One||Enter Direct Value|
|Like||Leverage FIM string matching operators|
|Range – Between Numeric Values||
any number between no1
Set of Values
If the data matches either ABC+ or
XYZ* then the result is true.
|Logic – If then Else||Preferable to avoid. ERP assement cycle should to be performed before loading information in FIM|
|Logic – Multiplication by Factor||
•For division by millions
•To be discouraged for allocation
Most used FIM mapping operators
Common Errors that needs to be highlighted to business users during FIM training
- Do not write the source fields beginning or ending within single quotes.
- Do not use comma as a delimiter, semicolon is default delimiter in FIM.
- Target fields should begin and end with single quotes if they contain constant strings.
- Not using correct source field names while referring it in the target. E.g. if source field name is “DP Year” then space should be maintained while referencing it. Still better is to avoid space in all source field names.
- While referring to the source dimension in the target, write the source dimension names in same case as in Source
- While concatenating not writing strings within single quotes. E.g. [YEAR]||’.’||[MONTH] here the dot should be written in single quotes.
- Using comma as delimiter instead of 2 dots in range definition E.g. [10000,20000] instead of [10000..20000]
- Account, Cost Center fields not padded with Zeros. In case field length would vary in different source systems.