A successful event this past Tuesday!
We couldn’t have done it without the key speakers; Rich Seltz, Mike Sweeney, Ali Sarraf, Friedrich Glugsberger, Chris Seitz, Mike Hyland, Thack Brown and Jim Reagan.
Digitization is at the forefront of what organizations will be facing in terms of reinventing themselves and delivering revolutionary customer experiences.
Our speakers delivered new approaches on how to re imagine business models and processes.
SAP is at the forefront of aiding the process for Chemical Industry to go through the trans-formative process of digitizing their business processes. Digital transformation is happening now. The digital transformation is something were not use to but requires new thinking and approaches. SAP is committed to leading organizations through the transitioning to a digital platform. As our first speaker, Rich Seltz mentioned how the five key trends will impact businesses in the following ways:
- 1.Hyper-connectivity. People, data, and devices are becoming seamlessly interconnected. By 2020, 5g technology will be common place, connecting devices and people at speeds and bandwidth that will transform our businesses
- 2.Massive computing power. Today, small companies have easy access to super computing power that used to only be available to large companies. Data science. Data algorithms already run much of the world. Going forward, artificial intelligence will play a much larger role and will disrupt processes and jobs in ways that we are just beginning to imagine
- 3.Cloud. Today’s cloud goes beyond enabling scale and low cost computing—it is the basis for entire business models
- 4.Smarter world. We see enormous innovation in nano-technology, biological engineering, and robotics. The physical world and the data world are becoming interconnected to drive massive innovation in production processes and end products
- 5.Block chain will disrupt every industry and will enable a must safer commerce. While the internet is good at moving information, block chain will move money and value.
Every organization should recognize that digital is not just part of the economy – it is the economy.
We realized that there is no other way to manage the influx of data and the need for real-time connectivity to customers and partners without opting to a new platform. HANA is the only platform that combines in-memory database power with mobility and security to unleash the digital capabilities discussed before. We created and designed our own applications but made it compliant to allow others to implement their own algorithms, logic and applications.
When we started building on the HANA platform, SAP invested over $35 Billion to acquire and develop five pillars of our digital framework. As many people think of the digital transformation, they initially think of the customer experience shifting to an omni-channel engagement. In fact, this is equally as important but is not the only shift we see rapidly evolving. We see an omni-business model meaning the leveraging of the assets or resources in different models. As technology is changing, this moves us to the digital core where business process must be continued to be simplified. S4 innovative platform that is based on HANA which addresses any complexity in business processes with amazing speed and analytical capability to continue to allow your organization to run simple.
Here at SAP, we are reactant and attentive to our customers. Our keen ability to listening to our customers’ needs challenges us every day to create the best possible experience for our customers. That’s why we introduced The SAP Fiori concept. This solution reflects a paradigm shift for delivering a holistic and consistent user experience that is centered on the tasks and activities that matter to the personal needs of the end user. Fiori Principals are what guides The SAP Fiori concept which include
Role-based: Designed for you, your needs and how you work.
Responsive: provides instant access to any business insight
Simple: Focuses on what’s important.
We are also excited to announce the first step on delivering that version with SAP Cloud for Analytics, for planning design for better FP&A and cross-LoB planning.While the digital economy is growing, we are devoted to innovating and providing continuous value creation to our customers.