EHS classic / report distribution
Still there is high interest regarding EHS and report distribution. Therefore I have decided now to generate a seperate document considering this. Please check in any case:
Documents as shown here and potential “on top” links to other documents in SCN.
Out of scope
Report distribution is one of the “more complex” EHS processes with many subprocesses. It is strongly recommended to look for the important SAP OSS consulting note discussing report distribution. This OSS note is mentioned often here.
One of the “top 5” asked questions in this context are:
– how to import reports in EHS by mass ? (e.g. pdf, rtf or other documenty types; even if this is not directly linked to report distribution; but some customizing overlap exists)
– how to dispatch documents in “pdf” format (by eMail)
– how to download by mass SDS/MSDS and other documents (extraction of existing documents of many kind)
– how to present SDS/MSDS (and other documents) in a “portal” (e.g. using may be WebDynpro or other technologies of many kind)
- Any “import” or “export” of documents ( pro portal solution)
- CG50/CG54 topics
- Report distribution
Import of reports
Currently we can differentiate two major options which are used regularly for importing “reports” (e.g. in most cases of type “pdf”).
- Import of Single Reports – Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) – SAP Library
- Report Import: Process – Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) – SAP Library
In principle you could “import” a report as well using ALE technique.
For variant 1: this variant is used in daily business to upload one document in one run. User does have a simple user interface to do the upload and to specifiy the document to be uploaded. The “con” of this variant might be: it is more “stripped” to upload SDS/MSDS documents. In any case: in daily business very helpful variant.
For variant 2: this variant is “complexer” in use and can not be used be “end users” and becuase of very high access rights to be granted is used by consltants. This variant is used in most cases if there is e.g. an acquisition done and one need to upload by “mass” documents. The “con” of this variant is. you must prepare the “key” file (time consuming) and do a lot of customizing. But this is the “best practice” for mass uploads as delivered by SAP.
CG54 is the so called “Report Information System”. CG50 the so called “Report Management system”. CG54 is used in most cases very often by endusers. You can use CG54 to “dispatch” a document (if needed) to customer (external, internal). You can do mass downloads (e.g. ChemTrec Export). But you have access only to “released” and “historic” documents. The management of all document (in any status) is done in CG50. Here the main intention is to go throught the “release process”.
For distribution of Reports we have a:
process in place. You will find below many links to these “subprocesses”. The process is as well explained in online help. To prepare a SAP ERP system which is abel to support all of the processes is not an easy job. But luckily: there is a OSS consulting note in place which explains teh set up (refer to the many links below)