When utilizing the Enterprise Portal you encounter a blank white screen within the Detailed Level Navigation. In some instances a change occurrence such as a Portal upgrade or System Migration can cause the setup and display to become 😐 problematic.
On some occasions when you are using the Ajax Portal Theme in the Enterprise Portal (EP) the rendering of portal theme itself fails in the Detailed Level Navigation.
A “white” blank background gets displayed on Detailed level Navigation, making the text on detailed level navigation unreadable and invisible. The issue occurs alongside the use of the Internet Explorer (IE) Web Browser Platform versions.
Breaking the Issue Down:
- Determine firstly if the issue happens in all web browser platforms (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla).
- Determine if the issue occurs in both SAP Standard Themes & Custom Themes.
- Determine if the issue can be reproduced in all Portal Framework & Theme Combinations.
Common Culprit: Internet Explorer (IE) 8
Checking the Behavior:
- Login into the portal from desktop
- Navigate to and view the display of the Detailed Level Navigation (DLN)
- The text content does not get displayed in the DLN correctly
- The text font appears invisible in the background and is therefore unreadable
Resolving the Issue:
- Find your theme on the file system under: usr\sap <SID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata\servlet_jsp\com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata\root\themes\portal\<your-theme>\AFP\images\layout\Navi11XY.PNG
- Open Paint application
- Edit the file using Paint and create it as 1×2 pixel image instead of 1×1.