How to enable network visualization chart icons in IE
For some users, when a network visualization chart is plotted in Internet Explorer, the icons may not display, even though it displays in Chrome browser. See screenshots below:
First note that Chrome is the preferred browser for Analytics and IBP. To resolve this issue in Internet Explorer, please follow these steps:
- You must have SAP-icons font installed
- Check your security settings in Internet Explorer and verify that “Font Download” is turned on:
- Internet Explorer Settings -> Internet Options
- Under Security Tab, select Internet, and then Custom Level
- Make sure font download is enabled under Downloads
3. Explicitly set font to SAPGUI-Icon
a. Click on Settings -> Internet Options.
b. Click on Fonts button under General Tab
c. Select SAPGUI-icons under Webage font and select OK. (Any idea where this can be downloaded from?)
d. Refresh Network visualization chart and icons should display in IE.
Since many corporations have locked hardware such that they cannot install fonts without elevated privileges, SAP has now made a change that results in the network viz icons loading in IE without the manual steps. Hopefully this will be included in the next patch for everyone!
Thanks for info Matthew because its applicable to most of the organizations.