SAP Integration Strategy Document
SAP Integration Strategy – I am writing this blog to share my experience around creating Integration strategy document for multiple clients and providing details of future integration solution to clients and development team using this document.
As we always say “he who is well prepared has half won the battle”, I believe in this and always believed a proper integration strategy document is building block for any successful integration project.
Why do we need Integration strategy document?- Integration strategy is one of the most important document for any integration project because it provides glimpse of current integration challenges, future integration solution, benefits of future integration solution, provides integration architecture principles, and etc.
It serves as blueprinting document for technical team to understand current and future integration solution and also helps developer to understand different technical integration solution available for interfaces.
What should we cover in Integration strategy document? It is very important as an Integration architect that we balance the content of the document in such a way that, it is not very lengthy and exhaustive document. We should always try to meet the expectation of client in terms of clearly illustrating current, future solution and principles applied in achieving that also providing enough details for integration team so that they can understand and build interfaces.
I have also tried to put below contents in my integration strategy document:
- ARCHITECTURE VISION
- Current Integration Architecture Overview
- Current Integration Challenges
- Future Integration Objectives
- Business and Technical Guiding principles for future Integration Architecture
- Future Integration Architecture Overview
- Benefits of Future Integration Architecture
- TECHNICAL INTEGRATION SOLUTION
- Batch Integration Strategy
- Real-Time Integration Strategy
- Interface patterns
- Error Management
- Integration Performance considerations
- Integration security details
- TECHNOLOGY ARCHITECT
- Details of Integration tools
- Positioning of Integration tools
- Capabilities of Integration tools
- Best Practices
In summary, This blog is just a reference document to point out some of the useful contents can be put together inside Integration strategy document.