Defying Gravity at SAP Store
When SAP Digital officially launched SAPStore.com at SAPPHIRE NOW last May, our small team of “intrapreneurs” certainly hoped it would get off the ground with a bang. After all, the market demand couldn’t be clearer, with the majority of business consumers preferring to do their own research online, and an even higher percentage preferring to make an entirely digital purchase once a selection is made. Wouldn’t they do the same if SAP offered them that experience?
The answer is a resounding YES. Now, almost a year after opening, SAP Store is putting up numbers that are exceeding our expectations. Let’s take a look at some key milestones. As of this writing:
- 1.3 million unique visitors to the store, as of the end of 2015
- 10,000 orders*, as of the end of 2015
- Nearly 4,700 orders for SAP Digital CRM (previously called SAP Digital for Customer Engagement) since May 2015 launch
- Over 5,700 orders for SAP Lumira, standard edition, since November 2015 launch
- 330,000 users of SAP Learning Hub for training on SAP innovations
- More than 30 available offerings
- User-based packages for SAP HANA Cloud Platform; pricing begins at €20/US$22 per user per month
- 32 countries where credit card transactions are available
- 2016 TCM/Customer Magazine Product of the Year Award for SAP Digital CRM
If you take a step back, though, this is truly astounding. Like most companies of SAP’s size and scope in the business-to-business (B2B) arena, we have traditionally sold our products through direct salespeople and partners – and that’s been the familiar buying route for consumers in enterprises large and small. In fact, the great majority of B2B software companies are still selling their wares the old-fashioned way, as we found out during our research. But there’s been a seismic shift in purchasing behavior in a few short years – and SAP Store is right there with a buying experience that’s simple, frictionless, and digital.
We could not be more thrilled that our new venture has taken flight. What do you think – have you shopped at SAP Store? Your comments are welcome!
*including both paid and no-cost offerings
Federica De Monte is social and community manager at SAP Digital. Follow @federicademonte on Twitter or connect with her on LinkedIn.