In my past implementations of ATPM & CRM-analytics, working closely with business, it was clear that a LIVE P&L produced the biggest business value. I often toyed with the idea in my head that BW-IP based planning solution to calculate LE (Latest Estimate) would be ideal. Most customers I know series of Infocubes+multiprovider + overnight staging to arrive at LE.
Well CBP does just that among other things. In general it allows you to look at the impact of Promotions on P&L from Retailer and Manufacturer’s standpoint instantly.
I have been working on creating an internal demo on our CBP, CRM + BW on HANA system. I was part of the testing group at Waldorf for CBP2.0 & thought would start a blog. This is the first in a series of blog I plan to publish more of these if I see interest / comments posted against this.
What is CBP?
It is a Real-time collaborative solution that allows Account manager to increase sales and profitability. All user interaction is from CRM-UI.
What does it do?
Allows you to Maintain (among other things)
· Targets & master data
· Manufacturer and Retailer target
· Create Buyers
· Planning hierarchy (freely defined)- saved online to BW
· Assortment (similar to CRM listings)
· Volume Planning –Baseline, Sell-out etc
· Price planning – list price, shelf price etc.
· Non-promotional and promotional P&L
· Roll-up promotions into LE
Track KPIs (new UI6 tiles)
· Internal targets
· External targets
· ROI, GSV % etc.
What do you need to install?
BW 7.4 (has to be BW on HANA)
CRM EHP 3
CBP-addon on CRM
ATPM-addon on CRM
CBP-addon on BW
What CRM objects are prerequisite for CBP?
· Account hierarchy
· ECC product hierarchy (BAdIavailable to use CRM product hierarchy)
· Product categories
· Territory management (BAdIavailable to implement without territory management)
I will keep this one very short.
Author: Arvind Bhaskar has been working with CPG companies for a long time. His main focus areas are BW on HANA, ATPM, CBP & associated BW-IP based planning application