||Steps to activate Budget Check for assets (without IM)
- Activate order management in controlling area
- Activate commitment management in controlling area & Order type
- Enable Budgetary control in Internal Order
- Create statistical IO with “Object class – Investment”
- Assign the statistical IO in asset master in the “Origin” Tab – “Investment Order” Field
- Create asset recon account as statistical cost element (Category 90)
- The FSG of asset recon account must allow IO (OBC4)
- Activate the investment order as the additional account assignment object for asset acquisition (ACSET)
- Enter budget for the statistical internal order (KO22)
||Settle Production Variances by Cost Component Structure in COPA
- Create PA Transfer Structure with as many assignments as Cost Components in Cost Component Structure
- Choose the Option “Costs / Revenues” in each assignment, instead of “Variances”
- Assign each assignment to a different value field
Traditionally, variances are settled to COPA as per Variance Categories. But this is also an interesting way of doing the Variance Settlement
||Track Origin line items of an AUC asset
- Activate “Settlement By Cost Element” in the Allocation Structure
- Assign the Allocation Structure to Settlement Profile of the Internal Order and the Co. Code
- Use Program RAHERK02 to see Origin line items
||Display Cost Center Accounting and Internal Order Accounting reports in Multiple Currencies
- Using RPC0 and RPO0 respectively, you can switch between Controlling Area currency and Object Currency (Co. Code Currency)
- These settings are per SAP User
||Down Payments in Asset Accounting
- To avoid capitalizing the asset at the time of Down Payment, modify the TTY 180 and remove the check “Capitalize FA”.
- However, once the Asset GR is posted and Asset is capitalized, Depreciation will be calculated on Down Payment amount + Asset Value. This continues till the time Down Payment is cleared
- To avoid these issues, you can avoid updating Down payment in Asset Accounting as below
- Create a new FSG for Vendor recon accounts (OBC4) in which Asset is SUPPRESSED
- Modify Message F5 378 to W (OBA5)
||Smooth Calculation of Target Cost during Variance Calculation
||Vendor OI upload during Go Live, when vendor is liable to TDS
There are two ways of doing this
- Create Vendor Masters, Load Open Items and then update WHT Codes in Vendor Masters (OR)
- Create a Posting Key (Copy of 31/21) and suppress the WHT in the new posting Key
||Profit Center in Special GL Postings
- If the Special GL indicator is defined as for “Down payments” Profit Center Field is naturally available on the screen
||Modify Vendor/Customer reconciliation account during postings
- FS00 – Check the field “recon acct. ready for input”
- Recon. Accounts can be manually changed during FB60/FB70
- Recon. Accounts can be changed during SD postings as well
- During MIRO, Standard SAP does not allow to change the same. Starting EhP6, a new business function can be activated to achieve this. Refer note 1836997. Else, Exit LMR1M001 can be used too. [Courtesy Aleksey Tkachenko)
||Change Default Document Type in Clearing transactions
- T code OBXH: SPRO> FI > AR/AP > Busn Trans > OI Clearing > Define Posting keys
||Enhance the Open Item Selection Criteria during interest Calculation (FINT)
- Implement User Exit RFINTITUSEREXT
- Newly added selection fields will be visible under “Cust. Enhancement” Section of FINT screen
||Program to download SAP Forms / Scripts
||Program to download Custom Programs / Objects
- Improvised version of this program also available on Google
||Post Price Difference upon GR in Sub Contracting (When Material is valuated at ‘S’)
- This must be specifically activated under SPRO> MM> Inventory Mngt & Phys Inv > GR > Price Differences for Subcontract Orders at Goods Receipt
||Post separate doc for Purchase account postings (instead of 2 additional GL accounts in the same document)
- SPRO> MM> Valuation and Account Assignment >Account Determination > Account Determination Without Wizard > Purchase Account Management > Separate Accounting Document for Purchase Account Postings
||COPA Planning (KEPM) – Plan data for 12 periods at once
- In the planning package, enter start period as, say, 001.2009.
- In the planning layout, remove the char “PERIO”, from general data selection.
- In the column for the Value field “Sales qty”, include the char PERIO and enter variable as “1”. This variable will be supplied with the value from Planing package.
- Copy the column and change the variable as 1+1, 1+2, etc
||Distribute Usage Variances during Repetitive Manufacturing Scenario (Where inputs are back-flushed at Std. Qty)
- Use CKMDUVMAT functionality of Material Ledger
- This works even without the activation of Material Ledger
||Target Cost Tables
- COSP: For External Postings (Target/Plan/Actual)
- COSS: For Internal Postings (Target/Plan/Actual)
- COSPD (Actual only): Settlement entries i.e. GR and GI upon confirmation, for Primary cost elements
- COSSD (Actual only): Settlment entries i.e. activity confirmation
||Find Variables used in Report Painter Forms
||Analyze Shop floor performance
- Use KKO0 reports (Product Drill Down Reports)
- OKN2 (Product Cost By Order Scenario)
- OKN4 (Product Cost By Period Scenario)
Thanks for sharing the valuable inf...
Very much helpful, excellent - Thank you
Great effort !!
Thank you Ajay..
Very useful document, thanks for sharing.
Very useful document.
Nice Document Sir.
Thanks for sharing
Thanks my Friend!! Nice document!!!
Hi Ajay sir
superb information for someone like me who just started career in SAP FICO
Thanks Ajay. Nice document.
Thank you for this information. Can I ask that you change the font color to Black so that it is readable?. I mean, why would you make it dull when it is clearly obvious, a strain on the eye.
Also, the knowledge item could be retained in the top line of the cell rather than in the middle or it becomes confusing that the description is read even before noticing the knowledge item.
Very informative... really appreciate your knowledge depth in SAP.
can you please answer my question. i have activated Budget AVC against PR/Po. all the required changes are done. but when i Process GR . No stock is build. i think when we assign Account assignment "F" in PR than system post instant consumption whenever the GR is processed. is it true?
if so, than what should i do ? i want to have Active Budget check against PR/PO as well as i want to have stock.
Your answer is highly awaited.
Hatsoff to your love towards SAP
Really enjoyed reading the document
Can u pls help me to map the below scenario in SAP:
My client is into process Industry (Plating Process) (eg: It's kind of Job work scenario; Valves will be given from customer's(Inter company and third party) and our client will do the plating Process \ (Process Explanation: There are around 7 operation's (Bath's) In each bath using chemical composition they will dip in each bath for some time to complete the plating process (Two units: 1. Hard Chromium plating and nickel plating); In this scenario chemicals are kind of consumables which is issued to the shop floor as and when required (ggods issue against cost center) but not agianst the order; our client has told like we need to apply periodical costing for this purpose; can u guide me how to implement this
Thanks in advance for your help
I have a request; can u create a blog on Product costing (CO-PC) all scenario's
Thanks you for sharing
Nice document, Thank you.
I am waiting for your next post. I really appreciate your knowledge.
Thank you for sharing good information
Thanks for Sharing 🙂
Really very productive and useful. Thankyou very much sir.
It would be great if some link be shared for ellaborating some of the concepts
Awesome tips sir on SAP FICO 🙂