Sharing is Caring – Call for Speakers for ASUG at SAP TechEd is Now Open
ASUG and SAP are working together again in education again this year for SAP TechEd, offering customer-led education sessions and Influence opportunities.
Here are the details:
- Call for submissions opens today
- Submissions close on April 22nd
- For non-SAP Speakers only
This special call for proposals is open to SAP customers and partners who are members of Americas’ SAP Users’ Group (ASUG). SAP employees are not eligible to participate.
Session proposals are subject to a final review by the ASUG Design Team. You will receive notification regarding the status of your proposal by late May.
The deadline to submit ASUG customer session proposals is April 22nd. The ASUG Customer sessions are 1-hour lecture sessions.
Track story plans are as follows (per SAP)
- Technology, Strategy, and Solution Architecture (TEC) – S/4HANA, Solution Architecture for Digital Business Framework
- Development and Extension Platform for SAP HANA and Cloud (DEV), Development with HCP, ABAP, Native HANA
- User Experience Design and Technology (UX) – SAP Fiori, UX Tools and Technologies
- Mobile Solution Development (MOB), Overview, Design, Code, Deliver
- Data Management and Modeling (DMM) – Big Data, Integration, Data Governance, Data Warehousing
- Business Analytics: Planning, Business Intelligence, and Predictive (BA) – Data Discovery, BI, Dashboarding, Reporting, EPM, Developing, Extending Embedding
- Cloud Integration, Orchestration, and Intelligent Processes (INT) – Integration & Hybrid Cloud, API, Process Orchestration, Workflow
- IT and Cloud Management (ITM), Plan, Build, Run
- Security, Secure Development and Configuration (SEC)
Need some tips to submit? Watch this ASUG submission video:
Approved speakers receive (source: SAP site):
- Complimentary lecture-only conference registration
- SCN Contribution points
- SAP TechEd does not reimburse for speaker’s time, travel or hotel.
- Important – Make sure to look through the site and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I submit multiple abstracts?
A: Yes, multiple abstracts are welcome.
Q: Will ASUG reimburse travel expenses?
A: ASUG does not reimburse travel expenses but if your abstract is selected you will receive a complimentary registration to the event.
Q: How long are the sessions?
A: Education sessions are typically 60 minutes long, with a 45 minute presentation and 15 minutes question & answer.
Q: Why should I present?
A: This is an opportunity to showcase yourself and your company – plus you will get free registration to SAP TechEd. You can be an attendee and learn from other customer stories and from the SAP experts at their sessions.
Q: Are multiple speakers allowed?
A: No, multiple speakers are not allowed.
Q: What type of presentation focus areas are available?
A: The Program Committee recommends that abstracts focus on best practices, return on investment, cost savings, lessons learned, “war stories”, or case studies.
Q: I submitted my abstract, what are the next steps?
ASUG Volunteers and SAP will review the abstracts – if selected, you will be notified in mid to late May.
Q: Why should I submit?
Quote from Stephen Johannes, previous speaker:
“You don’t need to present on “newest stuff” to get accepted….It is also a great way for you to deepen your own personal understanding of a particular topic. Even though you may think you know a topic very well, it is amazing how building the presentations will force you to pick up every single detail as part of you research. ” – Stephen Johannes
Q: I’m experiencing logon issues and have additional questions
A: Contact email@example.com
Q: I’m ready. Where do I submit?
A: Submit here
Share your knowledge by submitting an abstract today.
The deadline to submit your abstract is April 22nd. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Reminder this is for NON-SAP speakers only.
Come join us at SAP’s premier technical conference in September.