Networked Production Process as Driver for SAP Manufacturing Execution RDS
- ebm-papst needs a software which provides a toolkit where they can fit the software to their complex manufacturing processes
- Processes require flexible changing of production steps for new products in manufacturing execution system
- The ability to create own UI‘s for supervisor dashboard which brings all information in one user interface
- ebm-papst implemented SAP ME in 2009 to centralize control of its production operations
- SAP had a perfect match with a product portfolio offering: Flexible and future-oriented solutions, Seamless integration, Compelling implementation concept
- The package owner engagement in the implementation has been essential for SAP Manufacturing Execution RDS development and the SAP Best Practices for Manufacturing Execution have their foundation in perfect production processes of a world market leader
Key benefits for the customer
- Everybody from shop-floor to top floor works on the same information base.
- Streamline all organizational processes in the company and increase the first pass yield to 99,5 % (error free result after the first production cycle)
- With global company processes now streamlined, all data traceability is increased significantly. This is a competitive advantage in certain discussions with new clients.
- Suppliers and international locations are incorporated fully in the digital information flow.
- Employees can also track an individual product’s status at any point in the production process.
Read more (only available in German):
Best regards, Elisabeth
* ) 2015 contest “Landmarks in the Land of Ideas”