Even as an experienced SAP GUI User the following happens quite often:
- You choose the an Matchcode but the result list is empty.
- So use the next one but the result list does not display the object you are searching for.
- Next matchode now you got similar objects but the result columns does not allow you to distinguish which of the ones is the right object to select
- So you open a new modus to display the details of the object
this is quite frustrating for the end user and leads to the fact that the people do not like how the system is reacting . Observations tell us that User spend up to 30 % of the time with searching the right Equipments, Functional Location, Task List …
Within the new EAM Web User Interface we have tackled this issue and we found a solution which suits the purpose of the value help much better.
Now you are able to:
- Modern search across different fields like Description, Long text, Planer Group, …
- Search across different Objects like General Task List, Equipment task List, Functional Location Task List
- Refine the search according criteria
- Define your area of responsibility an prepopulate the search with criteria like plant, Planer Group and object type
- Display more details of the Objects
This is possible now for the following Objects within EAM:
- Functional Location / Equipment
- Task List
- Maintenance Plan
- Maintenance Item
You find this new feature in Innovation Discovery under the Innovation
here you find:
- PDF Document summarizing the innovations and how to activate
In case you are not familiar with Enterprise Search functionality there is an How to Guide Enterprise Search in EAM available.
we hope this suits the users needs much better.