Working with customized Ansi X12 messages
SAP B2B Add-on comes up with standard X12 message content for various message types .The standard message content(for e.g: 945 message of 004010) will not suit for all the customer needs. There could be cases, where the converted XML payload deviates from the expected output xml.
In this blog, I would be explaining the step-by-step procedure required for creating and configuring the customized ANSI X12 messages.
- You should be on the latest patch of the B2B TOOLKIT 1.0: “PIB2BTOOLKIT04” (SP-level #04)
As mentioned in the note #2205708 ,Change the property value of the “x12.loop.allowduplicates” to true
Step 2 :
Select the version, transaction set and click on Copy Control Key button
- Enter the required fields
You need to edit the newly copied control key as per your needs.
In this particular example, i would be adding a new segment (W12) after N9 segment inside the loop L_300.
- Change the values mentioned for the field Max Occurrence and Mandatory as per your need.
- After the editing is done, You can compare the newly created message using the Compare Messages screen.
You can test this message using Convert Ansi.X12 to XML tool. Make sure you select the new Control Key while converting the payload as shown below.
Add a new entry in the Control Key Scenario Association Table .
Note : At least one value should be different than .* for the newly added scenario association entry. Otherwise,it will cause failures for the existing scenarios.
In case if you are using TPM Agreements for the conversion,
- In the Partners screen, Add the new message for that particular partner as shown below
- In Agreement screen,choose the newly added message
With these steps, You should be able to create and run scenarios for customized payloads.