Using PhonerLite for SIP Phone Simulation with Contact Center
As part of our SAP CCtr MSP (Mentored Study Program) we’re running a scenario based assignments each week. Part of it is to simulate connected SIP Phones to SAP CCtr (aka SAP BCM).
CCtr team recently updated the tool used for SIP Phone simulation from 3CX SIP Client to PhonerLite.
Steps to install
1. Of course you’ve to download it from PhonerLite English
- You’ve 2 options:
- normal installation version or
- portable version
- For this test we will go with the portable version.
2. After extracting or installing the tool, run it.
3. Program will popup the configuration options.
At this point you will need to provide 2 pieces of information:
- Proxy/Registrar: <enter your VU_AgentFrontEnd IP Address>
- Realm/Domain: <enter your VU_PSTN IP Address>
Note: always keep in mind the Component diagram (see below) to answer WHYs.
Then you’re ready to enter user details. Below are the TABs for configurations.
Don’t forget to check the Codes on CCtr side. They have to be compatible.
Now you can call an internal CCtr contacts by entering the internal number directly.
Please advise what was User Name and Password you were referring.(User Tab)
and how we can see SIP registered.
It is the CCtR Username&password.
Hi Husyin Bilgen,
We try to use this tool to test our sap contact center system which we are installing,
however we are getting not registered message "sip<user id@pstn ip> not registered .
We are providing the user id as agent user id and pw, hope this is fine .
If you've created the user and assign a username & password, it should work. But I strongly ask you to double check the compatibility of latest PhonerLite & latest SAP CCtr version.