Dear Retail community,
SAP Master Data Governance (MDG) applications provide end-to-end processes for the entire master data lifecycle, covering central governance and consolidation. MDG helps to empower business agility with HANA-based analytics and consumer-grade user experience. It is built on a strong foundation to provide improved business efficiency and process flexibility, enabling simplification.
Out-of-the-box MDG applications are
- SAP MDG for Financial data (financial accounting / consolidation data, companies, profit & cost centers)
- SAP MDG for Supplier data (corporate, company, and purchasing related data, partner functions)
- SAP MDG for Customer data (corporate, company, and sales related data, partner functions)
- SAP MDG for Enterprise Asset Management data (equipment, functional location data, MRO bills of material)
- SAP MDG for Material data (corporate, sales org, plant, storage, warehouse, valuation & costing data)
- Vendor, …, and some more.
All SAP MDG applications are industry generic based on standard SAP ERP, which caused massive restrictions in SAP IS Retail businesses in case of Material Master. All other generic domains can be used without restriction.
This is when MDG for Articles was born, a SAP Retail specific consulting offering, featuring Retail Article Master as a new domain for SAP MDG.
While this consulting solution covered SAP Retail specific article master data, it still was no SAP Standard solution, hence it was not on the SAP Global Price List, and wasn’t covered by SAP standard support and maintenance contracts.
This issue has now been solved:
Utopia Global Inc., a leading partner in Master Data solutions based in the US, has transferred MDG for Articles into their official Utopia product portfolio, and will ensure customer support, maintenance and continuous improvement.
As a consequence, the ex-consulting solution was renamed into “SAP Master Data Governance, retail and fashion management extension by Utopia”, or simply “MDG-RFM”.
The Utopia solution is listed on the SAP Global Price List.
Link to SAP Service Marketplace
Link to Utopia product page
Dr. Ingo Woesner
Global Director, Outbound Product Management Retail Omni-Channel