In this blog, I will explain how to add predefined web links for all the users. There may be a requirement to add web links which is common to all users and it will be difficult and time consuming for each user to add it manually. Hence we can add this by using the Enterprise ID to the Workbench page Template.
Also this template will be applicable only for the new users created after the change is done and not for the existing users in the system. If a existing user requires a change then the web links should be added manually by the user or the Enterprise ID to modify the workbench page template of that particular user.
Let me show you the steps for addition of web links to workbench page template:
- Login to the system with Enterprise ID
- Click on Workbench Page under the category Workbench
- Select the query All Workbench Page Templates in the query dropdown
- Select the desired Home option. In our case, it is the Home default template for Buy-side
- Select Layout and add Links tab to the channel list available
- Add the set of links in the Link Tab which you require. As an example we have added Google.com
- Click on Done and Save the Workbench Template.
The users who are added to the system newly after the template is changed will be able to get the Links tab with the links added to them. For users already existing in the system, they have to navigate to their own workbench page template and modify as given below to get the options.