Skip to Content
Author's profile photo C Kumar

IDM dispatcher was not getting Started

Hello folks,

Just thought to share our one issue and corresponding solution which took us around 1 days to fix. Hope it will help others too.

We have just completed SAP IDM 7.2 SP10 installation. Our Management and Runtime components were on the different servers. After installing the management Console and setting the JAVA, JDBC string, We have created the dispatcher scripts and copied that to run-time server.

After copy, we have Installed the dispatcher services on run-time server and started it. It started successfully and status was showing fine in the database too but still it was not getting updated in MC.

We spent around whole days to find the issue and at last we have found that somehow dispatcher services has been created on the MC server too and MC was reading the same dispatcher services.


We have deleted the Dispatcher services from the MC server using below command and refreshed the MC.

sc delete <Dispatcher_ServiceName>

After the MC refresh, issue has been fixed and dispatcher has been updated in MC.


C Kumar

Assigned Tags

      Be the first to leave a comment
      You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.